Thread: Receiver and Ipod ?

Magnuman
    Are there any receivers/cd players that have an Ipod connection in the front?

essexjet
    Are there any receivers/cd players that have an Ipod connection in the front?
    Yes there is but cant remember right now. I went to Circuit City to buy a new head unit and Ipod addapter and was told that they had one that connects to the front. I believe it was a JVC but not sure, but it is a POS

nextel4u
    Yes it is a JVC. My friend bought it at Circuit City, that was the only deck he could find the with the hookup in the front. He put a pretty nice system with amps and subs, seperates etc and it all sounds great. The JVC is not your top of the line deck, that is for sure.

Magnuman
    I have been told that Pioneer has one but I do not know the model#?

phebus
    Unless you are just going to use it occasionally when you get to your destination, I don't know why someone would want the plugs on the front of the head unit. You would just have cords dangling from the front of it to wherever you mount your iPod.
    I guarntee, once you start using your iPod on the boat, you will then start using it all the time. Run the wires from behind the head unit, concealed to where your iPod will go. That way, it will look cleaner, and people won't snag the wires breaking something.

Charley
    Someone needs to just come out with a high quality wireless system.... I would assume based on the popularity of wireless ethernet for your computer that it's only a matter of time.... how cool would it be to pick your next song sitting in your chair on the beach

Magnuman
    I can't get to the back of my receiver when its in place, so I need the jacks up front if possible.
    This way when I want to use the ipod i can just plug it in.
    Charley,
    Wireless would be the way to go, but so far the quality that I have seen isn't that great.
    I usually only listen to tunes when I am floating.
    When I am running the engine tunes are fine for me!