Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat fasteners?

Tom Brown
    When a bench seat has a removable panel for storage, how do they keep it from opening when the boat is in rough water?
    My back seat panel was originally held with velcro but I'd like something better.
    I run a big chopper prop and when I take my foot out of the gas at high speeds, everything comes flying to the front of the boat... passengers, rear seat storage panel, and anything that isn't bolted down.
    Any fastener ideas?

NorCal Gameshow
    how about the latch from a rear seat of a car for trunk access?
    make a pin that the rear of the seat slides in, then use the latch to hold the front down...

phebus
    When a bench seat has a removable panel for storage, how do they keep it from opening when the boat is in rough water?
    My back seat panel was originally held with velcro but I'd like something better.
    I run a big chopper prop and when I take my foot out of the gas at high speeds, everything comes flying to the front of the boat... passengers, rear seat storage panel, and anything that isn't bolted down.
    Any fastener ideas?
    Yea, don't slow down so fast. Duh.....

GHTRIM
    Try 3" galvanized (so they won't rust) wood patio screws.. Home Depot .08 each. This will give you the best resaults with minimal investment. If you need under the seat just keep a cordless drill on the boat.

Beer-30
    Change props?

phebus
    I got some stuff that is like velcro, but it is plasic, and has what looks like small pegs on it. I put some of it on the back of my stereo remote control, and the other half to the boat. When I went to take off the stereo remote, it ripped the back right off it. Good stuff!!

Debbolas
    our cabin seats come off in rough water, they are velcro fastned, but Kachina is fixing that It's dangerous, because I have to crawl down into the cabin to fix the seats.... :frown: but velcro is great for easy access....

Tom Brown
    That's exactly the problem I have too, Deb. When I hit some chop, it pounds the seat a little loose while I'm frantically trying to get the speed under control and the passengers and bilge cover (center, rear seat back) come slamming into the front seats and/or dash.
    I was thinking of trying speaker grill clips but I doubt they would stand up to that kind of service.

Jbb
    Define ...high speeds......and not that Kilometer shit

Debbolas
    That's exactly the problem I have too, Deb. When I hit some chop, it pounds the seat a little loose while I'm frantically trying to get the speed under control and the passengers and bilge cover (center, rear seat back) come slamming into the front seats and/or dash.
    I was thinking of trying speaker grill clips but I doubt they would stand up to that kind of service.
    Our seats just bounce out onto the floor, the only big danger is some of our food and towels could bounce out, but I'm usually down there before it gets that bad............Hope they fix that. When we picked the boat up, the velcro worked great!!! It was like REALLY difficult to get the seats off the frame.....no longer.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast