Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep The 25 Daytona Or Sell And Buy The Mach26

ZSARGO
    I Currently Own A 2000 25 Daytona Open Bow With A Paul Pfaff 568 And Imco Extreme Sc Drive. Boat Runs Between 85-95 Mph Depending On The Load. Ever Since I've Owned My Last Dcb (mach22) I've Been In Love With Dave's Boats. I Really Wanted To Purchase A Used Mach26 Last Year But None Where On The Market. But One Is Now Available And It Looks Like I'm Going To Purchase It. It's A 2000 With An Hp500 That Is Whipple Charged. It Also Has An Imco Extreme Sc Drive. I Like The Size Of The Dcb Open Bow Much Better And The Rigging Is Second To None. The Price Between What I Can Sell My Boat For And The Purchase Price Of The New Boat Is About $15k. The Dcb Also Only Has About Half The Hours Of Mine.
    A Little Bird Told Me That The Mach 26 Is Heavy And Has A Bad Porpoise Problem Between 70-80 Mph. That Is One Thing That Worries Me Because My Daytona Rides As Flat As A Pancake At Any Speed.
    What To Do What To Do???? Help Me Out Guys.

slink
    take it for a test run and find out for yourself

TOBTEK
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...2000_HP500.jpg
    Tough choice Les! "IF" this is the boat your looking at, it looks VERY clean. You know since you have owned a DCB that its going to be top shelf as far as rigging and attention to deatail....BUT they DO have a hop from 65-75 MPH period! half the hours on the motor is a BIG plus. The biggest factor I see, is what the actual difference in price will be after you sell the Eliminator. and how long it will take to sell.....GOOD LUCK

andy01
    My Mach26 hopped a little but it didn't seem like much, I think I trimmed it in a little through the porpuse it was almost gone and then trim up after 75. It didn't bother me at all in my boat. I would do the deal. But I like the little bigger size and style of the Mach 26 over the 25 Daytona
    Andy

Charley
    My Mach26 hopped a little but it didn't seem like much, I think I trimmed it in a little through the porpuse it was almost gone and then trim up after 75. It didn't bother me at all in my boat. I would do the deal. But I like the little bigger size and style of the Mach 26 over the 25 Daytona
    Andy
    nice avatar andy lol....

Kilrtoy
    My does the dance between 60 and 70... So basically cruising at that speed is out.....But when Im power up the speed it does not porpoise, only if I try to cruise at that speed.....
    I have always loved that boat......

andy01
    My does the dance between 60 and 70... So basically cruising at that speed is out.....But when Im power up the speed it does not porpoise, only if I try to cruise at that speed.....
    I have always loved that boat......
    This is what I THINK it is. I don't really know so don't hammer me if it is wrong.
    The boat is not going fast enough to create full lift, but is going to fast to run wet. So the boat builds lift but isn't going fast enought to stay lifted so it drops back in the water then builds lift again and drops back in the water. After 75 it is fully packed with air and has all the lift it needs to stay up. It will do it less in rough water and at different speeds and a lot more on glass water.
    The bigger the tunnel the more it will do it.. I think.
    Andy

andy01
    I also believe it has to do with the center pivot point on the bottom of the boat, at what point (speed) it starts to carry the nose.
    Again I don't really know, but I think those play a roll in it.
    Andy

Boatmaster
    I have owned both and the DCB wins hands down. The DCB has a better ride and handles MUCH better at speed, at least when turning. I loved both boats but feel the Mach 26 was better. Just for the record they were both DCB rigged with twin 300s.

Eliminator 4 Life
    I have owned both and the DCB wins hands down. The DCB has a better ride and handles MUCH better at speed, at least when turning. I loved both boats but feel the Mach 26 was better. Just for the record they were both DCB rigged with twin 300s.
    BM you cant give your opinion since you are a koolaid dealer :argue:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast