Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Run

jackpunx
    Two weeks hopefully. We are going to watch the poker run and hopefully make it to the BBSP.
    Cool... come down to Black Medow.. or just a little south of that.. we'll all be tied up on the California side at about 8:45am

bohica
    Congrats. on the new boat. I'll be out for the poker run, just spectating. I'll cruise down by BML and look for everyone. Would love to take a ride in a Skater.
    Knowing you, I'll be first in line for that 28 when you step up to the 40' in a year or 2. :jawdrop:

Charley
    Thought you sold the pontoon?
    I sold the old one.... cause I bought another one ... new one is 4 ' longer and has a 10' beam! see I can go offshore if i wanna
    It's funny the things you notice at 20 mph that you don't at 80+. We were cruising the gorge in the pontoon and I kept pointing stuff out to Jody that I had never noticed before.
    Ya.... Topock Gorge is really pretty, but the quest for speed seems to out weigh the desire to slow down when Im in a real boat

Freak
    Honestly, I think it scarred her a little and she does not get scarred easily. The boat feels EXTREMELY light, but I think it will just take some getting used to. I was suprised though that it did not seem to porpoise at all. I think the weight of the cooler in the back threw th CG off a bit as well, because it felt like it wanted a little negative trim. From the people I have talked to that have raced them they said they are very sensitive to added weight. The cooler will be 1/2 full from now on.
    I had the Smartcraft on the port motor re-configured before we took it out and I think it might have done something to the computer. No alarms and the guages all looked good, so I am not to worried. It is getting looked at right now.
    BTW: Who owns the yellow F-26 with O/B's? They went by us in the pontoon boat aired out up the gorge. The boat looked like it was running well and was wondering what kind of speed they were getting.
    Don't be surprised if you don't get rid of that light feeling but just get used to it. My friend has the same setup. I remember thinking the same thing. I commend you on figuring out the trim quickly. It took a little longer for my bud to adjust and man was the ride bad until then but now eventhough the boat feels light that thing will power right through stuff that you wont believe. You just have to trust it. I can remember a few times when I thought we were done for but she didn't miss a lick. They truly do skate across the water. They are the sheeet.

Boatjob26
    BTW: Who owns the yellow F-26 with O/B's? They went by us in the pontoon boat aired out up the gorge. The boat looked like it was running well and was wondering what kind of speed they were getting. [/QUOTE]
    Our buddy Tony owns that boat. He's a local havasu man, his father owns Walt's motorsports. It's been for sale for a while, and he's already bought a new magic 28 deck. He's hit 110 mph. Most people are running 106-110 with that setup.

Kilrtoy
    I thought that was you... Looks bad ass....
    Im only seeing 80 at 5K.... Very impressive speeds you are seeing......

TwinMach26DCB
    I was there for my first weekend this weekend... I was around Kilr most of the day and wished I could've seen the new ride............. Next time....
    Bought a house this trip......... I'm going to be semi-local it seems.. Gorgeous boat you have !!!

TheLurker
    I actually was impressed when I saw the "Speed Racer" 28 about a month ago running up and down the needles strip.... it had a little bit of porpoise, but it was FAR from dramatic.... and he looked like he was running nice and solid .... I tried to catch him in my Pontoon WOT but it was going a lil faster than 19mph
    The boat does have a little porpoise between 50 - 70 mph. Not sure if it is my driving and trim, the load in the boat or it is just common for this hull. A lot more seat time and I’ll work it out though.
    HavasuCig, Congrats. on finally getting the boat in the water.

Charley
    The boat does have a little porpoise between 50 - 70 mph. Not sure if it is my driving and trim, the load in the boat or it is just common for this hull. A lot more seat time and I’ll work it out though.
    HavasuCig, Congrats. on finally getting the boat in the water.
    It looked great running...love the paint job too! .....I'd love to check it out up close

TheLurker
    It looked great running...love the paint job too! .....I'd love to check it out up close
    We are only about a mile up river from you. Stop buy and say hi or wave us down if you are on your porch / dock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast