Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I air bagged my boat trailer

cyclone
    your towing capacity can actually be increased depending on what size bags you install. YOu know when you follow a tractor-trailer and it says "air ride equipped" on the back doors? That means its got huge airbags for suspension. Airbags have also been used for years on motorhomes too.

spectras only
    cyclone ,nice setup, especially for lunching a v-drive at very shallow angled ramps.I had airbags way back on my 66 CoupdeVille ,and did greatly improved trailering for a very soft riding luxury car.Leaf springed cars/trucks are much better for load carrying than coilspring models .My 64 Lincoln handled trailering with it's leaf suspension as good as the Caddy with the bags.

1quickjet
    You are nuts. It kicks ass!

got river?
    I had airbags on my 1994 F-150 for my lance camper--they worked great. The great thing about the airbags is that you can adjust the ride height for any situation--different boats with different tongue weights, campers, or putting rock, sand, etc in the back. My 250 though doesn't budge with anything. I really like the idea with the trailer.

THATJEFFGUY
    I run bags on my Excursion..Im getting ready to put them on my new trailer too. BD Motorsports in Colton does the work to my stuff..Give em a call..909-824-8997. Ask for Mike & tell him Jeff sent you over.

ChetCapoli
    hey cyclone,
    what was the total cost for everything and where did you buy the parts?? This sounds like a great idea and totally trick.
    thanks--chet

100mph
    hey did u ever get pics up some place, would love to do this to my "90" suburban and my trailer both, have been thinkin torque flex rubber cushioned axles but to expensive, this can't be to tough to do, love raise the trailer so no drag pump in driveways deal.
    thanks
    100mph
    ddivine@compuserve.com

HavasuDreamin'

cyclone
    As far as cost goes for bagging the trailer:
    2 #2500 air bags cost about $120
    2 solenoid valves about $70
    3-link parts to locate the rear (steel tubing, panhard bar, bushing ends, bolts etc) cost about $100
    2 Nitro shock absorbers cost about $80
    Parts needed for your tow vehicle to control the 'bags on the trailer:
    1 Thomas 317 air compressor cost about $90
    1-gallon reserve air tank $25
    1-ball valve $3
    1-air gauge that installs into the cab of the truck $20
    1-switch that installs into the cab of the truck $2
    wiring, fittings, steel braided air line. $80
    I have no idea what labor would cost but my friend Jeff helped me bag my trailer. He has a shop in Ontario called, Devious Customs and he can sell you all the parts and do the install if you like.

RiverToysJas
    Does #2500 mean they are rated for 2500lbs each?
    Is it $120 for both or each?
    thanks for the info!
    RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast