Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Mercury 525 efi, BAD!!!!

Dave C
    This is typical Merc B.S..... don't put up with this sh*t from them! :hammerhea
    If this is they type of treatment that you get when you pay good money for their overpriced POS then I would tell them to stick it up their arse!!!
    You should tell them to either replace it entirely or take their leaky pile of dung and stick it up their arse!!!
    water in a brand new motor... that is a serious lack of quality control!!!!! :hammerhea
    I'm not surprise you are getting the run around either. I swear I would never in a million years buy another one of their motors.
    fawkers, this kinda B.S. makes me mad!
    I've talked to Pfaff before and I think your money would be better spent with them.

Dave C
    so they f-ck up the build and all of a sudden that becomes your problem?. No, F*ck that... if they f*ck it up, its their problem, not yours.
    I would tell them I don't give a f*ck what they do with their brand new leaky ass POS motor... it ain't going in my boat. :220v:
    Now that is typical Merc BS too. :argue:
    Thats some funny sh*t there. Did you tell that to them? I would!... "what am I the dumping ground for your junk" and then listen to the silence on the other end of the line.
    They said to me that they just could not just "Throw away a new motor". So I guess I get their throw away!!!
    BTW,it probably has a crack somewhere to let lots of water in. I bet you 50/50 chance of them fixing it right the first time! So if they don't fix it right the first time, you will take it out, hydrolock it and out it comes again after it ruins your weekend...... leaks that big typically require quite a few parts being tested and thrown away.

Essex502
    It's unbelievable they plan on giving me that motor back!!! We'll see what happens.
    They said to me that they just could not just "Throw away a new motor". So I guess I get their throw away!!!
    JRocket, it was bought from DCB by Advantage Marine. Maybe you already have heard some of this.
    Lemme' get this straight...
    The motor was shipped to DCB from Mercury. DCB was the original buyer. Then it was sold to Advantage Marine for sale to you. It was somehow shipped to Pfaff to do the actual install? Is this the route?
    Just wanted to follow the path as I ordered a new HP525 for our new boat through the builder.

NOTALENT
    Motors are shipped in cardboard boxes that are not impervious to weather, as a matter of fact my motor sat outside during a number of the winter storms. if it had water in it when opened i would not except it period. we pay to much money on these boats to be covering for the builder.
    nope. It should be shipped in either a plastic crate water proof wrapped in plastic with plugs for the exhaust ports etc.. if not the plastic crate thena wooden crate still wrapped in a heavy duty plastic to where water can not enter...at least thats how we do it..and were one of the biggest manufacturers in the U.S. What ever the case u are buying a brand new engine. It is expected that if u are not satisfied with the build u should be able to get a new one shipped out. Ask to talk to the supervisor. if thats who ur speaking to ...talk to his boss..eventually u will get to a high enough rank to where they get u a new one out.

NashvilleBound
    Sounds very typical of Merc. One word for you...Ilmor.

Magic34
    It's unbelievable they plan on giving me that motor back!!! We'll see what happens.
    JRocket, it was bought from DCB by Advantage Marine. Maybe you already have heard some of this.
    I would think that they would bore it a little and actually give you more displacement. Push that 5 year warranty. A motor that has been worked on a little with a 5 year warranty, would be better than another new motor with a 1 year warranty in my book. This is only true if they fix it right!!!! :idea:

moneypit
    Let me get this straight. Water in a brand new motor that was found by accident by the installer who actually tripped and broke a spark plug? The boat was bought by DCB for Advantage marine only to have phaff install it?
    Say what? Forgive me, but Im a little confused
    Exactly how much water was found? condensation? or ALOT? These motors arent made and shipped across the ocean. If it Mercurys fault that there is H20 in it, I would say that the motor was delivered unaccepably. I would refuse it and notify them that you will only accept another part number. Any complaints then I would let them know that you will be notifying an Attorney, BBB and TOM BROWN (sorry )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123