Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Park Moabi...who's got the 411?

tamalewagon
    Hi all. We're thinking of taking a little trip up to Park Moabi. If anyone has recently been there, please let me know what you think of it (negative or postive). I've heard conflicting stories on the condition of the place. Also, is it first come first served or do they take reservations. I seem to recall Debolas speaking highly of this place...

cdog
    It's a very popular place so you need to be sure and get a reservation and check for avaliability. They have redone their launch ramp this year and i'm not sure if their finished yet. Also this year the water level has been low in spots and they've been flushing the damms up above so this has created sandbars in abnormal places. Most will be north of moabi and south of moabi as you enter the gourge. Good luck. Give the park a call.

waterndog
    Park Moabi is a great we've been going there for about 14 yrs. If you want a peninsula spot you have to RSVP a year in advance and even then its tough to get a spot, use to not be like that. I'm sure how hard it is to get a spot at the campgrounds near the launch area.

cdog
    Also watch out for the indians and ho bo's. They sneak in at night and jack ice chests. It's happened to me and they got two ice chests, my coleman lantern and my coleman stove.

ahhell
    we go at least twice a year..love it, never any problems...havent been since the consession (sp) has changed ownership.
    cant wait to go this year... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: June is soooo far away

tamalewagon
    we go at least twice a year..love it, never any problems...havent been since the consession (sp) has changed ownership.
    cant wait to go this year... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: June is soooo far away
    Did you get reservations too?

Havasu Luvr
    No reservations required for general camping (no hook-ups) and highly recommend reservations for hook-ups whether on the pen or full hook-ups in the parking lot. Lots of fun as I had been going there for the past 4yrs. Last yr we bought in LHC so we do not use Park Moabi anymore...Good luck and have fun

tamalewagon
    Another question for those who have been...where do you water ski? Since you can't ski in Topock Gorge just down river, are you limited to the Park Moabi area or do you have to go up river and dodge the sand bars?

Havasu Luvr
    Another question for those who have been...where do you water ski? Since you can't ski in Topock Gorge just down river, are you limited to the Park Moabi area or do you have to go up river and dodge the sand bars?
    Once you enter the rive then head up river (Left out of the channel). Travel approx 3-5 miles and there will be plenty of beaches on the left & right sides. Early in the season there should be no problem staking your claim to a piece of beach....but during the main season you will need to leave early morning to get a beach up river.
    PS. There is no sandbars up river to really be concerned about...until you reach Needles area.

tamalewagon
    Once you enter the rive then head up river (Left out of the channel). Travel approx 3-5 miles and there will be plenty of beaches on the left & right sides. Early in the season there should be no problem staking your claim to a piece of beach....but during the main season you will need to leave early morning to get a beach up river.
    PS. There is no sandbars up river to really be concerned about...until you reach Needles area.
    Thanks H.L. That puts my mind at ease. Looks like we'll be trying it out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast