Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Powell on the rise!

DEEZ NUTTS
    Up over 3' in the last 13 days.

beer hunter
    DN, I heard from someone that Lake Powell could be up 50' by mid/late August. Can this be true? :rollside:

phebus
    We decided to skip Powell this year for the first time in many years. If the lake got enough water that the cut was open, might just have to change our minds!!

DEEZ NUTTS
    DN, I heard from someone that Lake Powell could be up 50' by mid/late August. Can this be true? :rollside:
    Who knows. If they do what they say and keep the dam plugged up, it should come up good.

beer hunter
    We decided to skip Powell this year for the first time in many years. If the lake got enough water that the cut was open, might just have to change our minds!!
    I know what you mean. Castle Rock Pass is a big time saver when trying to get up the lake and that fricking narrow river channel around Antelope Island can get brutally rough with all the boat traffic going through there.
    If it looks like the pass will be open, I'll probably book rooms at the Wahweep Lodge for 5 or 6 nights later in the summer.

DEEZ NUTTS
    I doubt the cut will be in the water this year. Mardonzi knows the elevation level to make it work. I cant remember.
    The cut saves time for sure. To get to Kane wash/Gunsite area used to take about 15 mins. Going around Antelope takes 50-60mins with wakeless zones to get there. I do like the run up the channel and feel like its part of the Powell experience.

MsDrmr
    that is great news, hopefully there will be several more feet added before the end of the year.

MsDrmr
    i think he said(don)needs to come up 75' before you can go that way?
    thats a lot of water, what do you think the chances are for this year?

MsDrmr
    no kiddin, that lake needs as much water as it can get....I love it out there

beer hunter
    i think he said(don)needs to come up 75' before you can go that way?
    I'm not sure of the current lake elevation but I believe Castle Rock Pass disappears at about 3620', so you'd probably need an elevation of around 3625' for it to be usable

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast