Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loader is making marks in pump housing---WTF??

P-Money
    DeputyDawg,
    Lets see some pics of your new toy!

DeputyDawg
    I will try and finish up the roll of film today so that I can get them developed and scan them in, sorry I haven't joined the times and bought a digital camera yet.

Ok, I looked into the loader rubbing situation on MY boat.
    I have a standard berk. 4 degree intake in there. On the walls of the intake adapter, about half way through, the casting kinda has a hump in there on both sides, which i've seen jack from MPD remove/grind off on some of the intakes he does. The loader doesnt actually rub the suction piece at all.
    Some of those older stlye loaders Ive seen have some weird setups, where I think they are actually designed to rest on part of the suction. I dont run that type, nor do any of my buddies so im unfamilar with that style, but maybe thats what you've got in there.
    BP, you have a different intake adapter than the rest of us, which explains why theres no rubbing where you are.
    CS

DeputyDawg
    All three of the loaders I have are Stainless MPD made loaders.

UBFJ #454
    "All three of the loaders I have are Stainless MPD made loaders."
    Stainless Loaders? Did you buy them directly from McClure?

DeputyDawg
    The guy I bought the boat from got them from Jack.

UBFJ #454
    "Why?"
    Just Askin'

bp
    BP, you have a different intake adapter than the rest of us, which explains why theres no rubbing where you are..
    chris, that's correct, i don't have a berk intake, but the rest of my pump is berk, and underneath, it's just like a berk (not r). if i had a berk, the humps would be gone. but, i'm not quite getting your point. dd said the gouges were in the suction piece, not the intake? maybe we're mixing up components?
    what i've been referring to are loaders that touch the sides or the top/bottom of the suction housing. that can result in really bad things. just ask mike miller, harold traylor, passetti if he ever shows up, mike harlan... busted suction housings, and the cause always comes back to the same thing.

DeputyDawg
    CS19 you are right, I meant to say that the marks are being made in the intake not the suction piece. My intake is a Dominator but I don't have the two humps you are talking about, maybe someone ground them down.

Maybe we're mixing up components? What i've been referring to are loaders that touch the sides or the top/bottom of the suction housing.
    I meant to say that the marks are being made in the intake not the suction piece.
    turns out he was talkin about the intake, not the suction, I guess we were mixing up components.
    My loader still rubs on the humps of the INTAKE ADAPTER a little bit, im not too worried about it, next time the loaders out, ill grind em down though, then there will be no rubbing where i am too.
    CS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast