Thread: main bearings

jets4me
    does anyone know why this is i ordered clevite77 mains ms829p and they came to me in a hi-tech box with this part number ms829p did cevite get bought out or somthing thanks for any help

Fiat48
    FM bought Clevite,Trw,speedpro long ago. Bearings may say Fm on them or Clevite.

jets4me
    the bearings have acl on them should i used them

Fiat48
    I have not seen that before. Is there a number on the bearing...like 829P?

obnoxious001
    Isn't the "acl" the marking on the old Federal Mogul bearings? Clevites will have "Clevite 77 on them, also should have a date code on them. I went to check, but I don't have any FM bearings here to verify the "acl"

Fiat48
    I got lots of bearings back there many vinatges and see no ACL. MB2043 is the most common number stamped into the main bearings.
    Just want to make sure he has right bearing.

Fiat,
    ACL's are the old Vanderval Bearings. ACL's are now made in Tazmania, Aus. The Clevite design was based on the Vandy's.
    Jets4me,
    Nothing wrong with the bearing, they are good bearings. The are sold for less so if they sold them to you for the same amount of money as the Clevites would have cost, then you should get some money refunded.

Fiat48
    Hmm. I got a set of Vander's back there but they didn't have that on them. had the old trademark logo....I think you know what I mean. But they are old (new but made long ago).

jets4me
    cstruab,fiat,obn thanks for you guys help i am going to use them

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    does anyone know why this is i ordered clevite77 mains ms829p and they came to me in a hi-tech box with this part number ms829p did cevite get bought out or somthing thanks for any help
    Where did you buy them? I know that autozone sells "hi-tech" bearrings. If you buy a bearring kit, they come like that. I say run em I had a set in my olds back in the day and it still runs like new.