Thread: Whitchcraft??? or What?

Kamakazi Ken
    Im Getting ready to pull the motor and do a complete hull rebuild, body & paint. Just got a Digital Cam for santa day, as soon as I figure out how to use it I'll post some nice WIDE PHOTOS for all of us to SCROLL THRU. ( Just Kidding ).
    Hey I need help, I have a witchcraft but I dont see any body else on here with one. I've had the chance to look at all the other boats here, and I have noticed a lot of boats look REAL close in design to mine.
    Does any body know any thing about them, or were they a copy of another succesful brand? I really enjoyed the boat this summer, but like all the rest of us clowns, I felt like dumping a lot of $$$ down the Boat Black Hole and fix it up the way I want it.
    Any info would be a great help
    PS It was built by a company called Maritec.
    Thanks KK
    [This message has been edited by Kamakazi Ken (edited January 04, 2002).]

custom-cruiser
    KK,
    My first jet was a 19ft witchcraft with panther jet and 454. It was pretty quick but the panther had some performance limitations. The big problem I had was the hull delammed under the molding. I used and abused it jumping off wakes and finally it split almost in two length wise(could have sank her real easy)So I would just check your glass on the inside of hull where the two halves meet. I don't know if this is common with Witchcraft or just my bad luck but I thought I'd share it.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Bubbledeck2
    KK I don't have any first hand knowledge of Witchcrafts other than when I was looking to buy a boat I took a Witchcraft to a boat mechanic with a good rep and he told me to stay away from them. He pointed out some flaws in the glass that he said was common in Witchcrafts. He told me that they weren't real well made hulls. I'm not trying to bag on your boat, just telling you what he told me. So my point is, think long and hard before you dump a pile of time and money in that hull.
    Good luck!

greg shoemaker
    Witchcraft was another boat company that surfaced back in the haydays of boat builders in the late70's and early 80's. Built an entry level boat and cut corners more than other mfs during that time. Like the post before look the boat over carefully for workmanship flaws because they are there. Greg

Kamakazi Ken
    Thanks for the sad news!
    I have most of the interior out now and I can see where someone has added extra fiberglass between the hull and front deck, maby to reinforce it? Don't plan on doing a lot of wake jumping, mostly tubing, wake boarding and cruising.
    Any ideas on what might be important to take a close look at.
    KK