Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Editorial Today: Fee's For The Channel

Wicky
    Yes, vote Libertarian and throw your vote away. That will show them.
    Ahhhhh, yet another intelligent, great philosophical, one sentence reply by Shockwave Bob!!!!!
    I want to be cool just like Shockwave Bob when I grow up!!!!

malibuken
    This is just like what has happened to "Cruising" with your car in towns across America. Cannot do it anymore. If you are caught coming and going more than one time on the same street you get busted, because that means you are causing trouble. No parking or loitering on the sides anymore, that means you are causing trouble. No parking in the vacant lots adjacent to the streets showing off your bitchin ride, that means you are causing trouble.
    Same thing with the channel. Because there is a minority causing trouble, the rest of us "normal" people are scorned for it. I think they need to take a different approach to the problem.
    And if that is NOT the reason for a fee, but intead they are just looking at ways to create revenue, maybe they should look into the outrageous wages some officials are making.

malibuken
    Not gonna happen. Get real...how would they collect fees from 200 boats on a busy day.
    They would set up Toll Gates at both ends of the channel, just like in "Blazing Saddles"

ClownRoyal
    They would set up Toll Gates at both ends of the channel, just like in "Blazing Saddles"
    and equip them with cameras to get your numbers and mail you a ticket if you don't pay... :hammerhea

Wicky
    Just curious Shockwave Bob. If I didn't know any better,(the dumbs.hit that I am) I'd say you work for the state. Please answer in crayon for me.
    No words larger than two sylables please for the slow ones like myself up here in Idaho.

Tom Brown
    The city in which I live charges us fairly heavy tax (I pay $3650/year in property tax). This tax, I had assumed, is for infrastructure.
    Not so much, though. When they repaired the water main on my street and repaved it, they sent everyone on my block a bill for $7200.
    My understanding is that most of the property tax goes toward paying down the debt that stacked up from decades of over spending so they have to charge us directly (full price) when they have any work done.
    Have a nice day.

Magic34
    [QUOTE=Tom Brown
    Not so much, though. When they repaired the water main on my street and repaved it, they sent everyone on my block a bill for $7200.
    QUOTE]
    Do they have to inform you of the cost of the fix before they do it? That is total BS..... What happens if you don't pay? How can you be responsible for a public street? Did you pay it Tom, if so did you delay payment and did they come after you?
    I was thinking of moving to Havasu, but this is out of control.

cdog
    Don't you guys think it's funny how in times like these where property tax's are at an all time high and the states property is worth more than ever they try to come up with more ways to squeeze us vrs. liquidate some of their own crap to pay for their short falls.

riverroyal
    see what happens when californians slowly move into other states,it takes awhile,years,before you know it you will pay for everything......By the way,MAGIC 34,that paint looks amazing,one of the nicest i think ive seen from them,,congrads

Magic34
    ......By the way,MAGIC 34,that paint looks amazing,one of the nicest i think ive seen from them,,congrads
    Thank you!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast