Thread: GS Marine...

DickDanger
    Hope you guys were right with giving Greg props. I got something stuck in my pump at Havasu the same time HB was out there, and now the Bahner is down at GS Marine getting fixed. We all know about the problems I had with that lame a$$ stereo shoppe. Reading all of the positive things people were saying about gregs place was a major factor im my deciding to take it there. -"boatless" Dick Danger out.

novaguy
    Hey DD, I hope your experience there is better than mine. I wasn't too impressed with the quality of work done on my Eliminator. I had a new carb, ignition, Place Diverter, new cables, oil change, and new spark plugs installed by GS Marine. I also told them I was new to jet boating and if they could please look everything over and lube all the parts. I took my boat in all clean and detailed, when I picked it up it was full of dirt and dust. It was scraped by another boat while it was there, however they did buff out the paint transfer after I mentioned it to them. My boat was not done when they said it would be and I had to wait. I paid alot of money to get this stuff done. I went to Havasu and sucked up a rock. I decided to not take my boat back to GS Marine and try MPD. Jack was great, as a matter of fact he is working on my pump now. He took me in his shop and explained how the Jet works and what he does to improve them. When he removed my bowl, he only found water inside and no oil. I guess GS Marine didn't complete the job. Also while at Havasu my boat would stall when I let off the throttle. I explained this to Dave at DNE (2 doors down from Jack). Dave was very helpful and said he would look at it and took his time even though he was clearly busy with another customer's boat. Sorry for the long post, I hope your experience is better than mine.

all i can say is good luck dick.since its pump work you might be ok.

DickDanger
    Well, depending on how it turns out, will be the deciding factor on if I give them a "thumbs up" or tear them a new a$$hole on here. I can say this: if my boat is returned to me in any other condition than I dropped it off, they WILL hear about it. I can say that so far Greg has been great at getting ahold of me, but I only spent about a minute on the phone with him, as he sounded very busy. I can tell everyone on here that I have had it up to my neck with poor customer service, and will probably blow a gasket if I get it again. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. -Dick Danger out