Thread: Anybody ever work on Porsches?

Perfect Mixer
    Well I've turned in my notice at BMW and moving on to bigger and better things (I hope). I've been offered a job at Newport Auto Center as a Porsche Tech. I've caught on to the German car thing pretty fast. It only took me a year to get the shop foreman status at BMW (with no German car experience at all), but these little German rocket ships are a little intimidating. Has anybody had any experience with them? I'm starting in a couple of weeks. I should be interesting. I'm kind of bummed though, I don't have my 2 weeks of vacation to spend at the lake this year.

Kindsvater Flat
    I haven't touched anything newer than and early 80's 930 clone. The older stuff was cake. Basically a big block VW motor. My brother has on 02 911 thats something like 400hp. I was checking it out and it does look intimidating...... hauls ass to!

dc96819
    I work on them and often get parts at the N center,parts very $$.
    The factory turbos are at 400hp

MagicMtnDan
    I'm not a Porsche Technician but I played one for a while (not really - just did mods to Boxsters and 911s) when I was selling aftermarket parts and accessories.
    I have a couple of contacts up in the SF Bay Area who are Porsche Techs if you need to talk to them.
    Good luck!

CrazyHippy
    I ripped the motors out of the older stuff and put real horsepower, and reliability in them
    Just something about 400 HP in a 1850-1900lb car that 3000lb cars cant do :devil:
    BJH

ROZ
    No, but I just switched to Gieco Insurance