ok ....my 2 cents again......most of u guys run the west coast and colorado wish doesent have alot of turns and is wide. here in sh_t land mississippi we have narrow rivers and lots of turns.........so.....it can help or not depends on your rig. but when my engine quit once in a turn at 50 mph it sure helped me turn and stop short of the woods. if u got it try it if it dont work take it off. ...that simple. tril and error. good luck
Your right, all of our rivers are a straight line. We haul ass one way, stop and turn while using forward reverse to jocky the boat around, and then haul ass in the other direction and start over. It's kinda like swimming the freestyle in the olympics.......just back and forth, back and forth. LOL :smile: Just givin you a hard time man. :rollside: But just to bring up a small point. I don't recall ever seeing rudders on the aluminum boats that run the rapids or the ones from New Zealand that run those crazy race tracks, but then I may have never noticed either. :notam: