Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rudder for place diverter...

MudPumper
    ok ....my 2 cents again......most of u guys run the west coast and colorado wish doesent have alot of turns and is wide. here in sh_t land mississippi we have narrow rivers and lots of turns.........so.....it can help or not depends on your rig. but when my engine quit once in a turn at 50 mph it sure helped me turn and stop short of the woods. if u got it try it if it dont work take it off. ...that simple. tril and error. good luck
    Your right, all of our rivers are a straight line. We haul ass one way, stop and turn while using forward reverse to jocky the boat around, and then haul ass in the other direction and start over. It's kinda like swimming the freestyle in the olympics.......just back and forth, back and forth. LOL :smile: Just givin you a hard time man. :rollside: But just to bring up a small point. I don't recall ever seeing rudders on the aluminum boats that run the rapids or the ones from New Zealand that run those crazy race tracks, but then I may have never noticed either. :notam:

sleekvino
    i have a small rudder on my place diverter and i ran it with and with out i did notice that when the ass of the boat digs in on a sharp turn that the rudder does help it track better than without but the big differnce is docking in tight spaces it does help there,it think most guys wont but it because it gives no extra speed.just my 2cents.

olbiezer
    rudders here...rudders there......80 bucks to keep u out of the woods in a engineless turn is well worth it to me lol. i kinda liked the 3000 dollar paint job i had on the old biezer lol. i think i already said there would be contraversy about this one. thats why i bought a v drive..........lots of rudder....i just love rudders............. :rollside:

sanger rat
    ok ....my 2 cents again......most of u guys run the west coast and colorado wish doesent have alot of turns and is wide. here in sh_t land mississippi we have narrow rivers and lots of turns.........so.....it can help or not depends on your rig. but when my engine quit once in a turn at 50 mph it sure helped me turn and stop short of the woods. if u got it try it if it dont work take it off. ...that simple. tril and error. good luck
    I couldn't have said it better. I also have a skag on the bottom of my boat. I think the two work together very well. I can see not running one on a big lake but no way on my river.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12