Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally! Dyno results!

diggler
    Congrats! Looking good..... (what did I tell ya? haha...)
    HBjet
    Ha ha! You were soooo right! Thanks for the support during the build. Spending this kind of money makes me nervous as hell!

diggler
    Dirk, good numbers! You already have the engine back in the boat? What impeller did you go with?
    I went with a Heritage Bronze impeller cut to an A/B to hit peak hp at 6500rpms. I also put the rev limiter at 6500 to avoid blowing this stinker up!

Hustler
    Congrats diggler, I told you Dave would take of you. So where you nervous on the first pull? I could'nt wait, I just wanted him to nail it

Cas
    Congrats!
    Looks like it's time for a Lifeline, helmet and a kill switch. Oh wait, don't you already have the helmet?

diggler
    Congrats diggler, I told you Dave would take of you. So where you nervous on the first pull? I could'nt wait, I just wanted him to nail it
    Not at all nervous, one bit! I was going, cm'on, cm'on.... pull that throttle!!!
    By the end of the day, after 19 pulls, I have to admit it was getting a little tedious..

Liberator TJ1984
    Ha ha! You were soooo right! Thanks for the support during the build. Spending this kind of money makes me nervous as hell!
    Kinda Scared to ask ????? $$$$$ :cry: :coffeycup

diggler
    Kinda Scared to ask ????? $$$$$ :cry: :coffeycup
    Let's just say it took the sale of the old boat, my entire tax return, and my bonus for the year. :yuk:
    However, it was totally worth it! My family thinks I'm nuts! :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    The clearances are larger than normal. The crank had to be re-ground and re-heat treated. Also, the rod clearances are a little bigger than normal. Dave told me not to worry about it as it's completely normal for this engine, and won't affect reliability.
    At first, I was like WTF!?!? But, everything's cool....
    How many quarts of oil were you running? What size oilpan? It sounds to me that you were dry sumping the motor at high rpms. All the oil was being pumped up and very little was in the pan. That would bother me in my boat but if they said it was ok then I guess its ok. I would make him put it in writing along with a warranty :idea: I was just curious bud. Good looking mill though

PC Rat
    How much hp did they gain by tuning? 802hp on pull 19 - what was the hp on pull 1?
    Brian

Mrs CP 19
    Just had our motor dynoed. At about 5000 rpm oile pressure was at about 60, once at about 5200, dropped to 40. Dyno was IMMEDIATELY stopped. After checking motor out, everything was great, EXCEPT the pan. Many baffles arounf the iol pump. Have replaced pan, as this was the only problem found. Am re-dynoing. I agree with 396 ways.. sounds like a problem. (posted by Performance 19) Jim

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast