Thread: Ride plate adjustment

Taylorman
    When adjusting a ride plate, what increments should it be adjusted in. I don't want to make to small of an adjustment and it make no difference. Im thinking about adjusting in 1/4 inch increments. Is that ok?

Heatseeker
    On my set-up, .200" equals 1 degree. I used a smart level and several different spacers to make this determination.Others may vary depending on the distance between mounting points.
    Starting at 2 degrees up, I did a couple of 1 degree up moves until I hit the spot.
    Hope this helps some.

olbiezer
    taylorman what ya tryin g to fix? i had a bad hop from 3000 to 4500 rpm and just used turns on the turnbuckles. used 4 turns for about a 1/8 inch and it went right away. good luck

PC Rat
    18" ride plate
    1 degree
    18 x 2 = 36
    36 x pi = 113.1
    113.1 / 360 = .31
    .31 = 5/16" (roughly)

Well put PC Rat ... correct formula.
    The easiest way is to use a Smart Level from Macklanburg Duncan. You calibrate the level to the bottom of the hull at the intake then measure the degrees of the ride plate. Unfortunately, the level is about $150. But, a great tool for all sorts of things on boats, a good investment.
    here's a link to the level:
    http://www.digitalmeasuringtools.com/z516.shtml
    But PC Rat gave you the free formula, just measure the plate and calculate. A great starting point is 1.5* up
    BB

PC Rat
    I bought the Smart Tool module only. That way I can change what size rail I put it in. I use it in a 4' rail for carpentry work as well as for entertainment purposes - to take it around my house and see how poorly it was built.
    Brian