Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headers under cover?

bigdoo
    can I run Bassets under an engine cover?

lucky
    no have to be water cooled , not water injected
    the headers your talking about are for open engine app 's you what to look at something along the line of lighting , hardin , emi, good ol fasion logs

rbulleigh
    Does anyone know who makes water injected headers for a OLDS
    Ron B.

bigdoo
    no have to be water cooled , not water injected
    the headers your talking about are for open engine app 's you what to look at something along the line of lighting , hardin , emi, good ol fasion logs
    Thanks for the input. I didnt realize that there was a difference between water injected and water jacketed. I NOW notice that there is a hell of a price differnce!!! thanks.

Mrs CP 19
    Bassett recommends not running water injected under engine cover. They do make water jacketed. Bassettracing.com or call Paul 714-630-7999
    Bassett Racing's New Water Jacketed Header
    Perfect for Stern Drives, V-Drives, and Jets
    Bassett Racing's Water Jacketed Header has a new Tri-Y Design to improve on Torque and add 10%-15% more Horsepower. It is constructed of 14 gauge 316 stainless steel with a 3/8" thick flange and a 4" outlet. It is polished to a mirror finish, has a 3 Year Limited Warranty and can be made to fit most applications. Included are Water Harnesses, Fittings, Hose Clamps, Header Bolts, and Gaskets.
    $ 2,695.00

kp216
    Bassett Racing's New Water Jacketed Header
    $ 2,695.00
    Good googly moogly :2purples: That's only $305.00 less than I paid for my entire turn-key boat!
    Logs... here I come.

Mrs CP 19
    Actually, they are about $3800.00 for Olds.

wet77
    I have witnessed first hand jet hot coated thru hull Bassett headers with a cover over them on my buddies eliminator.
    He installed a fire blanket type material around the hatch also which is a big help. :devil:

sidewound
    I have witnessed first hand jet hot coated thru hull Bassett headers with a cover over them on my buddies eliminator.
    He installed a fire blanket type material around the hatch also which is a big help. :devil:
    I'd love to run those under my doghouse. Do you know if "THE MAN" would hassle me over that???
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Mrs CP 19
    My response was that the manufacturer DOES NOT recommend this, and states they are not to be run under engine cover. I do not have personal knowledge of anyone doing it, so have no opinion. You can call Paul (Bassett) as he may have particular situations he is aware of 714-630-7999

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast