Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texas Boaters

atxwrangler
    todd's a great guy,he was just a little antsy about taking his boat for its maiden voyage. unfortunately, we all get that way sometimes,and all it takes is one little slip up to ruin a good day!he has rolled the engine over and changed oil twice,still waiting on an ignition module from summit.d'man my boat was backfiring and wouldn't turn over 4500 rpms,put it on trailer.when i got home,i retarded the timing a little and took it to the river. it ran great,5300 rpms.i still want to put a light on it but, i have it close! how was your weekend??

bradbigsley
    If you go due west of austin 30 or so miles is marble falls which is the river where they IHBA holds one of its drag races every year. Good place to go or go north of Austin to lake whitney once on that lake go to the north end it goes up into the river that feeds it. you will see mostly ski boats excepet for the regular crowd of jets that meet and hang out there.
    sweet. this is the stuff i want to hear.. anybody got pics of the rivers?

bradbigsley
    todd's a great guy,he was just a little antsy about taking his boat for its maiden voyage. unfortunately, we all get that way sometimes,and all it takes is one little slip up to ruin a good day!he has rolled the engine over and changed oil twice,still waiting on an ignition module from summit.d'man my boat was backfiring and wouldn't turn over 4500 rpms,put it on trailer.when i got home,i retarded the timing a little and took it to the river. it ran great,5300 rpms.i still want to put a light on it but, i have it close! how was your weekend??
    im a ford man myself. is that the new blower motor your trying to dial in? i must say i was quite jealous when you picked up that hardware. a very nice deal as well.

atxwrangler
    NAA,NOT YET!I BOUGHT A NICE ROGERS.I GOT MY FORD MOTOR BACK FROM THE MACHINE SHOP 2 DAYS AGO.I'LL START BOLTING IT BACK IN THE BOAT TUESDAY, THEN BLOWER TIME!

Devilman
    d'man my boat was backfiring and wouldn't turn over 4500 rpms,put it on trailer.when i got home,i retarded the timing a little and took it to the river. it ran great,5300 rpms.i still want to put a light on it but, i have it close! how was your weekend??
    I was wondering about it, you had never mentioned how it ran. I bet you didn't let it ruin your weekend huh? Had other things to occupy your mind. :crossx: Good to hear its something simple like timing. LOL, mine needs to go the other way, its a little advanced, but nothing major. Weekend was good, got to Somerville around 3:00, got the camper all set up & then kicked back & drank beer. Damn nice! Greasers brother had bought an Apollo off Ebay & brought it out there tried it out. It kept running out of gas, it had a cheesy little electric fuel pump, ended up swapping it out for a factory pump back on the motor, ran great the rest of the weekend. I was the only one without a fresh motor. Greaser, TexasJet, Esababtaj, all theirs were fresh outta the shop & running they ass off as well. My old truck motor was running fine though, can't complain. Little easier on the gas bill too.

atxwrangler
    good to hear,i'm workin nights.just got home.i'll yAK at ya later!

Devilman
    good to hear,i'm workin nights.just got home.i'll yAK at ya later!
    Sounds good, be at work half a day & then I'll be around.....

Taylorman
    Hey whats up with Texasjet new motor. I did not hear that he has a new one? What did he build?

Devilman
    Hey whats up with Texasjet new motor. I did not hear that he has a new one? What did he build?
    Another bigass Chevy.... :crossx:

TexasJet
    Rumor has it he built a 548 CI, 687 HP aluminum headed BAD ASS motor :crossx: But he didn't quit there. I heard he got a detailed magbronze aggresor AB impeller from HI-Tech Performance that was special worked to the dyno sheet of his motor. The boy is crazy!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast