Thread: Trim Pump Question?

mbrown2
    Since I am playing phone tag with Lakeland (I know they are busy, and I have been busy the past couple), I thought I would ask here.....
    Cruising back down the lake on Sat afternoon....get the to Springs and let off...trim down for idling and find one of the motors trim is not going UP or Down....when I trim it, it just clicks...
    I asked one of the guys at DCB and they said to check the fuses under the cowling...I will Friday; any other ideas? Sounds like it has power since it clicks when trying from the dash or on the motor.
    Thanks in advance for any feedback...

bordsmnj
    sounds like bad solinoid. you can replace them your self for like 80 bucks or something like that. i don't think it would click with bad fuse.but i'm no guru either.

mbrown2
    sounds like bad solinoid. you can replace them your self for like 80 bucks or something like that. i don't think it would click with bad fuse.but i'm no guru either.
    Thanks..that makes some sense..

mbrown2
    Anybody have a diagram of where the Solinoid is located on the trim pump? I just checked the manual and no diagram in there...

STV_Keith
    Nope, if it clicks, the solenoid is good. If it clicks both ways, both solenoids are good. Try holding the button and tap on the pump housing. They are known for burning one spot on the armeture? out and stop working. You can buy a replacement motor, but it's probably just as cost effective to get an aftermarket complete unit.

bordsmnj
    ...or take heavy gauge wire and bypass solinoid..and see that way. when my friends went out at parker i think the contacts were bad but you have to replace whole soliniod.let us know what happenned and i must say ythat i'm in no way doubt kieth.

bordsmnj
    also i can no way be typing worth a shit

the_gray_goose

Screaming Pete
    Anybody have a diagram of where the Solinoid is located on the trim pump? I just checked the manual and no diagram in there...
    follow the wires......I,ve replaced mine already..peice of cake..just make sure you look at the old one when you take it off and remount the new one...I'd take a pic of mine but its at the river