Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Hour Council Meeting Aarrrggg!

Not So Fast
    Sat thru 3 hours of council meeting babble just to hear what they city wants to do with the channel, I would rather be keelhauled on a barnacle encrusted sail boat, anyway, what they OK'ed (see post by The Bull "And you thought it couldnt get any worse") is such BS. the police want to take away large patches of mooring that I believe according to the slide show would total around 1200 ft of shoreline or more. Mind you not every other spot but 3 or 4 sections of 400ft of the best spots in the channel, and just say no boats allowed :yuk: THAT SUCKS!!!! If you want to crack down on nudity OK, Boat traffic OK, outrageous behavior OK, use the laws in place and just increase fines and punishment and the message will get out, but to take away that much mooring space in such large chunks is not reasonable period.
    Then it gets better with mooring permits in the next phase, one even suggested a CHANNEL PASS (of course you have to buy that) just to be in the F---ING CHANNEL or cruise thru it,that didnt fly too well though, DUH :rollside:
    I dont know what to say except that the changes nobody thought could happen and as bad as they are are upon us so the flood of E-mails to this city council had better come and fast or it will be too late because once the powers that be get the laws passed it will be very hard to change them back if at all :cry: :cry: NSF

dc96819
    Ill find somewhere elese to spend the $$$
    I havent used the marina in a while

boxscore
    I find it incredible that if you criticize the dumbasses who can't behave themselves in the channel, then you get immediately flamed by them. We've all heard it... "don't bring your family around if banging my girl offends you".... "if you don't want you're 7 y/o seeing me smoke weed, don't bring her into the channel...go find a quiet cove" yada yada yada. Now their gonna take away large sections of beach. Great. Thx dumbasses who perpetuate the problems that exist.

rivrbrat
    I wonder what all the merchant's in the channel think about this. There goes all their $$$$$. The City Council are only hurting themselves by doing this. It's not like we can't find someplace else to hang out and spend our money!

jbtrailerjim
    I find it incredible that if you criticize the dumbasses who can't behave themselves in the channel, then you get immediately flamed by them. We've all heard it... "don't bring your family around if banging my girl offends you".... "if you don't want you're 7 y/o seeing me smoke weed, don't bring her into the channel...go find a quiet cove" yada yada yada. Now their gonna take away large sections of beach. Great. Thx dumbasses who perpetuate the problems that exist.
    I could not agree with you more! I've been flamed also for voicing my opinion with the way some of these people act in the channel.
    Well since some of the people would not listen and learn how to act and obey the laws, now the city is gonna enforce another rule on to all of us. It's just a fricken shame.
    NSF,
    Do you know where can we write to or send an e-mail to voice our opinion to the city council?

ClownRoyal
    Sat thru 3 hours of council meeting babble just to hear what they city wants to do with the channel, I would rather be keelhauled on a barnacle encrusted sail boat, anyway, what they OK'ed (see post by The Bull "And you thought it couldnt get any worse") is such BS. the police want to take away large patches of mooring that I believe according to the slide show would total around 1200 ft of shoreline or more. Mind you not every other spot but 3 or 4 sections of 400ft of the best spots in the channel, and just say no boats allowed :yuk: THAT SUCKS!!!! If you want to crack down on nudity OK, Boat traffic OK, outrageous behavior OK, use the laws in place and just increase fines and punishment and the message will get out, but to take away that much mooring space in such large chunks is not reasonable period.
    Then it gets better with mooring permits in the next phase, one even suggested a CHANNEL PASS (of course you have to buy that) just to be in the F---ING CHANNEL or cruise thru it,that didnt fly too well though, DUH :rollside:
    I dont know what to say except that the changes nobody thought could happen and as bad as they are are upon us so the flood of E-mails to this city council had better come and fast or it will be too late because once the powers that be get the laws passed it will be very hard to change them back if at all :cry: :cry: NSF
    This is so Bullsh$t. Havasu is going to chase the boaters out of town. This town would be crap if not for the money boaters bring in each weekend. Yes you have the retired people and snowbirds but for the most part those people don't spend money - they are on a limited income.
    Blocking of parts of the channel is totally stupid and will not do anything about the so called LE problems.
    We regulars and resident boaters are getting the shaft and paying for the dumbfuc$s who are ruining it for everyone.
    Where do we write?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Exactly! Too bad too many people have the "phuck you, it's a big lake, go somewhere else mentality".
    Lake Havasu Mayor and City Council (http://www.ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us/mayor.htm)

Not So Fast
    I could not agree with you more! I've been flamed also for voicing my opinion with the way some of these people act in the channel.
    Well since some of the people would not listen and learn how to act and obey the laws, now the city is gonna enforce another rule on to all of us. It's just a fricken shame.
    NSF,
    Do you know where can we write to or send an e-mail to voice our opinion to the city council?
    JB, absolutely, just go to "Lake Havasu City" and you will find the city official cite and you can e-mail city council there. I'm trying to find individual email addresses because a couple of the council members made some intelligent comments while a couple of others really showed thier ignorance by thier statements. By all means EVERY ONE should tell at least 5 other people to start the bombardment of emails to complain about this absolutely horrible decision. NSF

welk2party
    This is definately NOT a solution. It will only make the problem boaters more hostile when competing for a space. The merchants will lose money because no one want to buy a pass to go to the channel. This will do what closing the sandbar does...squeeze the boaters to a different location and move the problem somewhere else on the lake. I guess the council would rahter have the problem out of sight out of mind.

Not So Fast
    Thanks Havasu Dreamin, I'm not savvy enough to post things like you I dont know how they will do this first step of closing the mooring areas but if they make it permanent (the signs stating no mooring) will it mean every day, every weekend or just crowded periods?? If the channel is peaceful like on most Sunday afternoons and during the week is it still in force ?? This is such a crock of shit, we have laws already in place, just ENFORCE THEM and make it more severe punishment, WE DONT NEED MORE RULES AND LAWS This is the muffler thing all over because we all didnt pay attention and now they have given the authorities power to rule us even further. What surprises me is that most people on the boards agree about behavior in the channel but yet we are the same people to be penalized. IT JUST ISN"T RIGHT NSF

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast