Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To anyone looking for killer deals...

ROZ
    No wonder why my timing was bad. :jawdrop: Sorry to hear about this, and hope you stay alive.
    I know you know that ya gotta do what ya gotta do... I'm good for now, but ya never know... Glad I have the other thing getting busier....

NashvilleBound
    ... Glad I have the other thing getting busier....
    Verizon makes the best aircard so you dont miss any of this action from your truck.... :notam: :notam:

ROZ
    Verizon makes the best aircard so you dont miss any of this action from your truck.... :notam: :notam:
    I know I can count on you for this type of info! Thanks a million!!!

sorry dog
    So is it the overhead of the stores that makes it hard.
    I've noticed that Circuit City and Best Buy have been struggling too.
    CC usually has something like 50% markup over internet prices, and the salesperson usually don't know jackfock. They way they do it now doesn't make me want to back. Seems like back before internet days it was the best deal, but they local stereo shops seems to be a lot closer on price these days, and service actually exists.
    Not saying it don't at tweeter, but went into Best Buy the other day looking for a bass tube and I had to explain to the guy what one was.
    ...so how about the Hoover store?

NashvilleBound
    I was at the vitamin shoppe today in the same parking lot and Tweeter looked closed. Are they still open normal hours?

ROZ
    I was at the vitamin shoppe today in the same parking lot and Tweeter looked closed. Are they still open normal hours?
    I hear the hours haven't changed....

ROZ
    So is it the overhead of the stores that makes it hard.
    I've noticed that Circuit City and Best Buy have been struggling too.
    CC usually has something like 50% markup over internet prices, and the salesperson usually don't know jackfock. They way they do it now doesn't make me want to back. Seems like back before internet days it was the best deal, but they local stereo shops seems to be a lot closer on price these days, and service actually exists.
    Not saying it don't at tweeter, but went into Best Buy the other day looking for a bass tube and I had to explain to the guy what one was.
    ...so how about the Hoover store?
    The overhead in the stores we closed couldn't be supported by the sales generated in those locations. I know that the leases and locations for stores out here and a couple other areas were outrageous... 2 of the stores out here were bad moves from the start. A few of us here know that from the start. The store in Chino was never really given a chance, IMHO. The GM's there were 1 never given the tools to succeed and 2 never given a staff who could present the customers the type of service both Tweeter and customers expected. Too bad it had to be done. Nobody likes to see people loose their jobs :frown:
    I think our store is the last commission based large consumer electronics companies out there. We train our people very heavily on product knowledge. Hopefully they use it as a sales tool.... CC, BB, GG, and Fry's are all hourly, so you probably shouldn't expect too much product knowledge from a person there, ulness the guy is really into electronics....
    I think Hoover, Alabama store makes money, so we've kept it open

PHX ATC
    I hope my "timing" isn't bad, like my neighbor Scuba Steve. :2purples:

dc96819
    Never heard of Tweeter,is this like a circuit city

RiverOtter
    Never heard of Tweeter,is this like a circuit city
    Waaaaay better than CC. They just carry the highend stuff. And they actually have the stuff advertized in stock and the sales people actually know what they are talking about.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast