Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obesity in America

mud duck
    I believe part of the whole issue is to not have eating such a social event. My Mom currently battles with boarder line type 2 diabetes. She is 80 now and has medicine to take and must also watch her diet daily. But for her eating is, and always has been, a social event everyone must participate in every day. She loves to make big meals and have company over almost every day. I also have a sister that is currently slightly over weight and I think she is headed for the same life as my mother has in a few decades. I think you have to push the big meals away, get out side and instill good exercise habits in yourself & your kids. Only eat if you are hungry! Don't eat just because the clock says it is time to eat. On the way to work everyday I see people in their cars, or waiting for the bus that are over weight. Put the food down, miss a meal every other day, stay away from the frig & chips, and stop making food such a social event. Okay, take the soap box away, I am done.

Tom Brown
    Its all RD's fault anyway.....look at the example he sets...cheeseburgers for breakfast and whatnot..... :rollside:
    The breakfast burrito.
    ... and for dinner... a 12oz tri-tip with a close encounters sized plate of potatoes on the side.
    What needs to be done, IMO, is to try to take care of ourselves. Share the experience, since it's always a positive thing when we do things that make us feel better, with the people you care about. Also, encourage and help people when they try to help themselves.
    The only way to fix a population, as best I know, is one person at a time.
    Good for you, Boozer.

Tom Brown
    Shut up Brown!...and go back to your room..... :sqeyes:
    Sure... I'll be happy to.
    It's all about exercise.... and my cock is in the best shape of it's life.

Jbb
    The breakfast burrito.
    ... and for dinner... a 12oz tri-tip with a close encounters sized plate of potatoes on the side.
    What needs to be done, IMO, is to try to take care of ourselves. Share the experience, since it's always a positive thing when we do things that make us feel better, with the people you care about. Also, encourage and help people when they try to help themselves.
    The only way to fix a population, as best I know, is one person at a time.
    Good for you, Boozer.
    Look at Brown ...Being all ...Richard Simmons ...and shit..

Nord
    Kids don't even walk anymore, they have wheelies underneath their shoes!

Mrs.charitycase
    computers video games and such have todays kids indoors way more than my generation did.....also we as a generation are spending more time working and less time vacationing with the family than generations passed.
    Think of what it is going to cost the taxpayers when all thses fat kids become of age that Mom And Dads insurance no longer covers them....18-21...and their all but guaranteed health side effects kick in...who is gonna pay the tab for Jr's quadruple bypass surgery...?
    Its all RD's fault anyway.....look at the example he sets...cheeseburgers for breakfast and whatnot..... :rollside: SERIOUSLY THOUGH. There are soooooo many parents out there that let there kids eat and eat or when they are still bottle feeding....As soon as the baby makes a peep they get the bottle. When I was little (i know I know not long ago) we played outside Every damn day when we got out of school. We roller bladed, Biked, Dirtbike rode, Tree climbed, etc. I can't say that's why I am so skinny now, but it could play a part. I weigh 130lbs and I am 6ft tall. I do work out and it is not hard to do. I actually wish I weighed more, but I don't and I can't. LAZY PEOPLE GET FAT. And LAZY parents make lazy kids.

Tom Brown
    I weigh 130lbs and I am 6ft tall.
    Thank god for Amazon women. They cause me to breathe oddly.
    I do work out and it is not hard to do.
    Working out is the best part of my day. It's one of the most self indulgent things you can do, IMO. People who don't like to work out are typically people who've never had a regular program and don't know what it's about. I leave the gym totally focused and relaxed. It's an amazing feeling.
    How about some pics?

Mrs.charitycase
    Thank god for Amazon women. They cause me to breathe oddly.
    Working out is the best part of my day. It's one of the most self indulgent things you can do, IMO. People who don't like to work out are typically people who've never had a regular program and don't know what it's about. I leave the gym totally focused and relaxed. It's an amazing feeling.
    How about some pics?
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...new_image4.JPG
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...t_1_1_-med.BMP
    I'd Say I am fit, but maybe alittle on the too skinny side.

Jbb
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...new_image4.JPG
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...t_1_1_-med.BMP
    I'd Say I am fit, but maybe alittle on the too skinny side.
    Hey Now!!!!......Brown will be back in 10 min. or so....

JBmagic
    No obesity there. Not one bit. None that I can see. Nada. Nothing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast