Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obesity in America

Tom Brown
    I'd Say I am fit, but maybe alittle on the too skinny side.
    You look totally fit and absolutely beautiful.
    He woudn't bully so much if his parents gave him some self esteem, attention and a beating.
    ... and I thought your picture was sexy. http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/eh.gif
    I came just then.
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes about 1 1/2 years ago!
    I'm sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself. I'd like to meet you one day.

Mrs.charitycase
    You look totally fit and absolutely beautiful.
    ... and I thought your picture was sexy. http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/eh.gif
    Thank you...I think. lol
    I came just then.
    JBB said you would.LMAO!!!

Tom Brown
    Before you know it we will all be Canadian :devil:
    It looks like you could use the health care.

WYRD
    It looks like you could use the health care.
    Among other things :shift:

Mrs.charitycase
    It looks like you could use the health care.WhosYoRiverDaddy works out.... his left hand that is...see his avatar?..now squeeze 2,3,4, squeeze 5,6,7,8.LOL

AzMandella
    I would guess that genetics play a large part too.
    Finally someone hit the nail on the head.Genetics is one of the major reasons for overweight people.You can put two people side by side and feed them both McDonalds every day and one will get fat while the other doesn't.I just can't believe what this country is coming to as far as wanting to blame everyone else for our problems.The fact that someone can sue McDonalds because they decided to eat breakfast,lunch,and dinner there is ludicrist.What's next,suing Denny's,or the other greasyspoons around the country.Or how about suing the bacon,butter,and chocolate companies.C'mon give me a break.If you want to eat like a pig then accept the fact that you may become one.

WYRD
    WhosYoRiverDaddy works out.... his left hand that is...see his avatar?..now squeeze 2,3,4, squeeze 5,6,7,8.LOL
    All in a days work
    WYRD

Jbb
    Tom Brown eats out of a trough......

Tom Brown
    I like to trough up a bran and cheese smoothy, fresh out of my juice man juicer.
    It's part of my training program.

All this comes down to one thing.... being a parent. Not your child's friend, not being afraid they'll "hate" you. NEWS FLASH----- they don't NEED a parent as a friend, and at some point no matter how "nice" you've been, they WILL hate you. They have to be told NO at the appropriate times. They HAVE to have distinct boundaries, and if YOU don't have the balls to teach them, who will? Being a parent is THE hardest job there is if you do it right. I guess most people figure that if they listen to the "experts" the children will be just fine. Well take a look back in recent history. Each generation that has been increasingly more "sensitive" has screwed up the generation they're parenting! "But Dr. Spock said..." Use common sense people. It seems people use more sense training a dog than raising their children.
    Kick their butts outside to play. It IS too nice a day to have their butts planted inside. Don't teach your children to be afraid by the example you set. Teach them that they WILL cut themselves, and they will bleed. Take a chance and let them ride around the block. Don't fill them with your fear to avoid dealing with their growing pains.
    Sorry, end of rant.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast