Regardless of your standing on gays, the goverment practically forcing kids to accept it as normal and even promoting it is just unacceptable. Government school should teach academics, nothing else.
BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
Dad arrested after protesting 'gay' book
'Our parental requests for our own child were flat-out denied'
Posted: April 29, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
A father who protested a pro-homosexual book his 6-year-old son had been given in school spent a night in jail after being arrested by police.
David Parker, 42, confronted officials at Joseph Estabrook School in Lexington, Mass., Wednesday after his son brought home a copy of "Who's in a Family,'' a storybook that includes characters who are homosexual parents, the Boston Herald reported.
According to the report, Parker refused to leave a meeting after Lexington Superintendent Bill Hurley rejected his request that he be notified when his son is exposed to any discussion about same-sex households as part of classroom instruction.
Police arrested Parker for trespassing and he spent a night in jail before posting a $1,000 personal surety, Boston's WCVB-TV reported.
"Our parental requests for our own child were flat-out denied,'' Parker said in a statement.
Parker said school officials have continued to tell him he has no right to control whether or not his child is taught about same-sex marriage.
"What I am saying is, because of the same-sex marriage law, people are treating it as a mandate to teach the youngest of children. It is not a mandate to teach the youngest of children, particularly if parents say, 'Hold on, I want to be the gatekeeper of the information. It is not that I don't want my child to ever learn it, it is I want to control the timing and manner,'" Parker told the TV station.
Brian Camenker, director of the traditional-values organization Article 8 Alliance, told the Herald Parker also asked that his son be pulled from discussions involving homosexuality that arise spontaneously.
According to the Lexington Minuteman, Parker spoke at a school committee meeting Tuesday and complained that schools have "unfettered ... access to children's psyches."
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=44026