Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Put-up or get put out of the Channel

Boatcop
    Could they close the channel as well, should they decide to?
    In some circumstances they (Lake Havasu City) already do. When the CO level rises above the unhealthy level they can and do close the channel.
    While the County has the jurisdiction to do so, as they are responsible for Public Health in the entire County, (including inside the City Limits) they advise the City and let them make the decision, since the Channel area is completely within the City limits.
    As far as Public Safety and adherence to existing laws, as opposed to just Public Health, that responsibility would fall completely to the City. Although other Agencies such as Mohave County, Arizona Game and Fish, and the Coast Guard, can and do enforce laws within the channel, they also would leave any closure or restriction decisions to the City authorities.

TCHB
    This is what City of Havasu should be trying to solve!!!!!!
    Out of 50 states, the District of Columbia, AND Puerto Rico, LHC has the worst school system of all (Lake Havasu News).

Not So Fast
    Lets see here
    Drugs in the city
    Wages as low as dirt
    School system continues to struggle
    Crime in the city
    Sewer system costs out of control
    Channel boat parking
    Sandbar
    This is typical Goverment wasting time, our money, and brain power.
    NO, wait a minute, we just had an article this morning that the CITY HAS A 41 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET SURPLUS, hows that frost your huevos and I'll take that drink Rick, believe me I needed it after sitting thru 3 hours of city mumbo jumbo Tues nite. CSI is on so I'm out for now. NSF

Boatcop
    This is what City of Havasu should be trying to solve!!!!!!
    Out of 50 states, the District of Columbia, AND Puerto Rico, LHC has the worst school system of all (Lake Havasu News).
    Again you're picking on the wrong body. The City Council has absolutely nothing to do with the Schools.
    The schools are part of the School District and are governed and funded by a separately elected School Board. The City of Lake Havasu Government has no say or involvement in funding or how the schools are run.

TCHB
    The city leaders can make a change in school direction with the time and effort. I know they are busy in the channel!

HOOTER SLED-
    It wasn't meant as a personal "slam", just when writing letters, like it or not, you are judged by your spelling or grammer. I will be putting up rather than shutting up :coffeycup
    How do you spell grammar again?????

Kachina26
    How do you spell grammar again?????
    You know, if you do a seach, I did that before My face was just a red then as it is now. :redface:

Mrs CP 19
    As usual, leave it to Boatcop to answer the questions. This man knows his stuff, as usual! Well thought out Rivrbrat. Everyone complains, but you are stepping up. Good job

rivrbrat
    Thanks Mrs CP 19

Not So Fast
    As usual, leave it to Boatcop to answer the questions. This man knows his stuff, as usual! Well thought out Rivrbrat. Everyone complains, but you are stepping up. Good job
    Mrs; he's not always right but has a lot of good in-put. BoatCop knows what I mean. NSF

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast