Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headers 4 Mopar 440?

wsuwrhr
    Grim, I don't know what stage your project is in, but I made motorplates and mounts for the Dodge if you are interested. My headers are a dragster upswept style. The collectors
    came closer to the transom than I expected, and I had to raise up the motor to clear the transom. Talk about driveshaft angle. You can
    see pictures of them on my website. They would work better in a boat with less freeboard.
    [This message has been edited by wsuwrhr (edited April 09, 2002).]

grimreaper
    Hay Mo....!! I SHOULD have pulled up yurrr profile! I will give that guy a ring on those headers. On that Sanger.......that guy eventually sold that boat to that hi-bidder AFTER waiting over a month for him to pick it up. There are two different boats on ebay now - one f those I have already bid on BUTTT it has gone higher than I really want to go for something that will have to be redone so radically.
    B - I went to your site and those headers look fine!...they are wet? Can you put mufflers in them? What would you then use - those log alum ones? Just what carbs are on that tunnel-ram? How do you change the oil on your boat with the motor that low?

MoJetBoPar
    Hey,
    I forgot to mention...."ZOOMIES", in the old days, were a short equal length set of pipes on each side with no collector that blower motors use. I'd ask the guy specifically to clarify if anyone goes after those.
    Glassman,
    You of all people aren't looking at a jet boat are you?? You must be talkin' v-drive. Whatever headers you buy make sure you think about adding water injection and a "T-valve".
    I gave my headers away to my nephew. They had Bassett collectors and H2O injection, still got the T-valve, but they had homemade pipes from the flanges to the collectors. I could get them back from him real cheap but they ain't pretty. Real low-buck stuff.
    Also got a set of, new for 2001, Bassett slip-in mufflers that I paid $130.00 for. Fired up the motor once in the barn and it was still way too load for the family, never went to the lake with them, so I'll take the first $100.00 from anyone wants to get serious about it.

Licketty Split
    You get what you pay for.Call Bassett talk to Paul he will set you up. 800-345-5824
    [This message has been edited by Licketty Split (edited April 10, 2002).]

wsuwrhr
    The headers I have are dry right now. I have been running them that way. You can put a baffle in them if you like, it has a 4 inch collector. I was thinking of using the Borla mufflers that take the place of the collector. I am going to have a custom set made, in the same style, but I need them to exit about and 1-1/2 higher so I can lower my motor down to where it should be. How do I change the oil? ENGINE HOIST BABY!!!! Ha ha, the way I made the mounts, I can have the motor out in a half hour or less.
    B - I went to your site and those headers look fine!...they are wet? Can you put mufflers in them? What would you then use - those log alum ones? Just what carbs are on that tunnel-ram? How do you change the oil on your boat with the motor that low?

Licketty Split
    OK So no one is listening but I will try it again. Talk to Paul at bassett racing he can make you headers any way you need them two inches higher,lower side to side it does not matter to him, he hooked me up bigtime when my water injection goofed on me and I cooked my headers. Further when you get them made up get a nipple put in the collector it pulls the crankcase into a vacume and increases HP it also eliminates oil all over the inside of your boat.
    the price is a little bit higher for custom sets but the results are out standding, please give him a call!! you wont be sorry 800-345-5824
    PS tell him Flagstaff Shane sent you I need to hit him up for a scoop

grimreaper
    Mo - I missed that zoomie thing but I would figure that it just must mean that the headers go up......I will call and see. As far as a jet vs V drive....I am still open for suggestions. The jet is more user-friendly than that V ..... BUT the V is faster from what I know. Let me know on those headers of yours. Don't the headers have to be designed for the H20?
    LS - I don't know about others but I don't have that 6 hun $ plus to be spending on exhaust right now! I am sure that they look sweet but some of us are low-buck-operators!
    B - what are the specs on the headers? OD and length? fairly equal? how much are you asking?
    PULL the motor to change the oil? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif WHAT the fudge have you LEFT Coast Boyz beez smokin' ??!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

MoJetBoPar
    Glassman,
    Specs on the headers?? Probably 1&3/4" diameter with the 4" collector as mentioned.
    I've got to get them back from him (my nephew). It's whatever he'll want for them. I'm thinking in the $20-$40 range. I'll throw in the old water lines and the T-valve, well I'll let you know. Not much.
    Changing oil??? Piece of cake dude. My oil pan has a spigot end that you attach a hose to and run it out the back to the transom adapter of the jet. It has a spot for a boat drain plug and it will gravity feed out from there. No muss, no fuss.
    [This message has been edited by MoJetBoPar (edited April 10, 2002).]

Duane HTP
    Sorry, no headers, but I have a Tunnel Ram with Carbs for sale for a 440. You can see them at www.hi-techperformance.com (http://www.hi-techperformance.com) under traders corner.

grimreaper
    Mo-Dude - I beeeeez liking those primary size tubes 1 3/4 (vs the normal 2")......4" collectors(length?) are nice to fit those muffs in - BTW - what are good quiet muffs to go in there - wet or dry?
    D - I just might check that out....keep an eye out for a hull for me if you would.
    B - what carbs are on your TR ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast