Thread: Valve cover breather clearance issues..

Yarder
    Does anybody know if someone makes a really really low profile valve cover breather...
    I am having clearance issues between the new valve covers/breather and my engine hatch/cover.
    I just bought a set of Moroso "Tall" valve covers (stamped blue anodized Alum). The old ones are angled style and the new ones are more rectangular and taller and the new breather I bought is way too tall (2 1/2 inches total) and I can't seem to find a shorter one. The clearance between the valve cover and the hatch is just over 1 inch.
    Question: Is the venting provided by the hose in the other cover that runs to the intake manifold sufficient enough to run a filler cap on the other breather..?
    Or maybe some suggestions of other solutions, maybe tee-ing the hose between the forward breather on the other cover and the intake manifold and not using a breather at all. Are there any reasons not to do this.
    Cause hackin up the hatch is just too tacky for me... and I think a "puke tank " is over kill for my mild 'lil 460...Pics can be posted tomorrow evening..
    Any advice is better than my best guess... Thanks in advance..
    Yarder :coffeycup:

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    You can remove the pcv valve and hose if your motor has no blowby or crankcase pressure. make sure to plug intake. But you must have at least have one breather. rex marine or CP Performance should have short breathers. Budlight

Yarder

Thanks Budlight... So I have to have 1 breather huh, does the pcv count as a breather or does the motor need to breath to fresh air?
    I think I checked those guys for shorty breathers but I will check again tonight..

lucky

Thanks Budlight... So I have to have 1 breather huh, does the pcv count as a breather or does the motor need to breath to fresh air?
    I think I checked those guys for shorty breathers but I will check again tonight..
    in a closed hatch i'd leave the pvc it

stonehedge
    Your not freinds with Mark B. are ya?

Yarder
    Why yes I am.... :rollside:
    Have you some good advice for me Stoney..? Need to get the boat ready for Blythe....
    Yarder.... :coffeycup:

sidewound
    With the closed hatch I would leave the pcv.It's just a good saftey measure. I had trouble with my breather fitting under the bonnet but by moving it to the rear of the rocker box I got enough clearance.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

stonehedge
    Why yes I am.... :rollside:
    Have you some good advice for me Stoney..? Need to get the boat ready for Blythe....
    Yarder.... :coffeycup:
    You want advice? Sell your boat and count your losses.
    No just keep dump'n money into it and enjoy.

Yarder
    Thanks buddy.... for the non-advice advice...
    It's been well worth every penny sofar.....
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...CF0125-med.JPG
    :supp: "It costs how much to replace..?"
    I am gonna try an "in the air filter" style breather...see pic...
    Any body think this will cause me troubles..?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...at_012-med.jpg
    Yarder