Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake powel Questions

AzLakeLizard
    Hurricane is a city?
    oh.. and if you stop there to get a bite to eat.. it is pronounced Herakun...

cdog
    It looks like we will stop in Mesquite get some shut eye and then head out in the morining. From there we will drive straight thru to page, get gas and then to waheap. Is that a good route or plan? Or is there a town before page that's better to fill up in? Where do I turn to stay out of Zion Park?

INSman
    Go thru Mesquite, turn right just past St George, then look for the right hand turn in Hurricane. Be careful, the sign is small and a tree is close by. If you miss the turn off in Hurricane you WILL go thru Zion.
    THIS IS IT EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!
    I missed the turn off to the right last year and it took a long time to get through ZION. Don't get me wrong, ZION is absolutely beautiful, just didn't need the extra 30-40 minutes I think it added to the already very long trip from CA !!

cdog
    Go thru Mesquite, turn right just past St George, then look for the right hand turn in Hurricane. Be careful, the sign is small and a tree is close by. If you miss the turn off in Hurricane you WILL go thru Zion.
    I'm lookin at the map and if I go that way it takes me on the route to the south thru colorado city then by a town called Jacob lake then by the south end of zion park and north to waheap. Is that the faster way?

OGShocker
    the thunder/lightening storms are the best....they are so beautiful to watch.
    Whille walking along a white sand beach sipping something tropical in flavor. Oh wait! Wrong forum...

MsDrmr
    Whille walking along a white sand beach sipping something tropical in flavor. Oh wait! Wrong forum...
    maybe the wrong forum but thats about the most romantic thing I have heard in months, thanks for playin. :wink:

AzLakeLizard
    I'm lookin at the map and if I go that way it takes me on the route to the south thru colorado city then by a town called Jacob lake then by the south end of zion park and north to waheap. Is that the faster way?
    Don't turn off to Jacob's lake.. that will take you the long way around.. for site seeing it is amazing .. but a longer route..
    keep going from colorado city straight through to Fredonia. You will make a right hand turn into the town... follow that straight through (north) towards Kanab. In Kanab.. you will come to a stop light. You will want to turn right (hwy 89) towards Page. It is about an hour 20 minutes from Kanab to Page.

AzLakeLizard
    Once you are in Hurricane.. go through town and the lane will shift from 2 lanes to 1 lane. There will be a stop light and I beleive it is like a town hall building that will be on your right. Turn Right at that stop light. Go one block, at the stop sign turn left. That road (route 59/389) will take you up a hill that over looks Hurricane. Through Colorado City, past Big Plain Junction and into Fredonia. That is the quickest route. Hope that helps.. if not you can give Mardonzi.. (Don) a call and he can walk you through it as you are heading this way. Kanab gas is the same if not higher than Page.
    OH>.. In Big Water Utah.. (you will drive past on your way to Page.. about 15 20 minutes out of Page) There is a Sinclair Station on your Left, credit cards because it is one of those unmanned stations. Their prices seem to match in town Page Prices! or the next Gas stop is GreenHaven also on your left. Not sure about the prices there.

DeepVee
    Lake Powell Gas Prices (http://www.wayneswords.com/gas.html)

AzLakeLizard
    Good Job Mary :d (allz)
    Taking a bow.. thank you thank you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast