I got ambitious and went to set the 460 engine in my Glastron 76 CVX 20. The front mount system in the boat is a metal cradle that is bolted between the stringers and has two risers that come up toward the engine. at the top of each riser there is a piece of 4 inch long pipe that the motor mount bolt passes through. The ears of the motor mount are supposed to slip over the ends of the pipe and the bolt runs through the whole works. Well so much for theory.
The motor mounts on the engine are two piece units and the ears for the bolt are two narrowly spaced to fit over the 4 inch pipe. Plus, if the motor were to fit down on the front mounts it would be about one inch to far forward and the bellhousiing would not sit on the nose of the JE pump.
This is all very strange cause this was supposed to be the engine that came out of the boat. I suspect that I must have the wrong motor mounts on the engine but I have no idea what I need to fix this problem or where to start looking. I need some input.