Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knockin Boots

Froggystyle
    I have Sidi boots for the street and shoes for the Mountain bike.
    I have the Vertigo Corsa for the street and love them. I have read first hand accounts of people crashing in them and with the feet walking away unscathed. I personally think they are the most comfortable I have ever worn, although not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
    Also not cheap are the Dominator 4's I have been wearing for three years on the mountain bike. Same deal, very comfortable, I love them. Great shoes.
    With my experience in these two genres, I would say that they probably make a phenomenal dirt boot. If you like them, I would recommend them.

Jordy
    I tried the Tech 8's and every time I put them on and took them off, they fit different. Sometimes they were comfortable, other times, crippling, so I went with the Tech 6's and love 'em.

THOR
    I havent tried Tech 6's, but my 8's are great.

SoCalHD
    I use Tech 8's on the dirt, and the Sidi Vertebres for the street bike. Love both.....

ROZ
    Try a Mack 10 in the ghetto. It's a blast

Boa1277
    Wow, it seems like Tech 6s are the popular boot, I went and tried a pair on and they are comfortable, but they sure diddnt feel like they were as responsive as the Tech 8s, granted both of the boots were new, do the tech 6s get better after they break in. (what I mean by responsive is shifter and brake feel) I still need to go and try on the Sidis. Thanks for all of the replys.

wright27
    I tried the 10 s did not like the feel. I stick with the 8 s. Go to you local shop and try on all of them. The dam things cost to much to not be happy with.
    anyone want a 2004 yz 250 f for a great price?

tcook33
    Wow, it seems like Tech 6s are the popular boot, I went and tried a pair on and they are comfortable, but they sure diddnt feel like they were as responsive as the Tech 8s, granted both of the boots were new, do the tech 6s get better after they break in. (what I mean by responsive is shifter and brake feel) I still need to go and try on the Sidis. Thanks for all of the replys.
    There are 2 items in motosross you don't mess around with. Helmets and boots. Ride in Jeans and a tank top if you'd like, but spend the $$$ on these two things. It's well worth it.
    If you care about your ankles, get the 8's or 10's. There isn't one pro who rides on the 6's. For good reason. It's a lower end boot with less support than the 8's and 10's.

Just Electric
    i second that

Caribbean Jet
    I wear the tech 8 and will buy them again when I need a new pair. My brother in law wears the Alpine Star Vetcor which seems to be a cross between the Tech 8's and Tech 10's. They're also very nice.
    Try them all on and buy what most comfortable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast