Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what does.........mean?

AntRant
    Just a couple of terms i dont get....."Blue Printing" and "Hook"

Hallett19
    blueprinting is like "optimizing" something to make it produce results to its fullest extent.....boy I sound smart..... if you blueprint and engine for instance, when I did mine, which is not a full blueprint, I deburred it, decked the block, I don't know all the steps of blueprinting and engine or the bottom of a boat, but I am sure someone else will. And a hook is a metal object of various size that is shaped like a J that is used for many reasons including fishing, picking things up, what not....... j/k http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

gnarley
    Hook in a boat is more like where the bottom meets the transom. The bottom not being straight anymore or being built that way can cause undesired affects(loss of speed). So one could blueprint the hull and bring it to spec by straightening the bottom again and getting rid of the hook.

Erik
    As I understand it, blueprinting something means to bring it back into original specifications. (as you would see it on the design blueprints)

HavasuDreamin'
    Blueprinting as I understand it means better than OEM specifications. All rods are the same weight (or very close), all pistons are the same, the block is decked evenly on both sides. Everything is basically perfect, and completely balanced. Anyone have a technical answer?

rivercrazy
    Blueprinting = to bring specs back to the way the manufacturer "originally intended". This is also rarely what comes out of the factory as "new", hence the term "intended".
    Its called expense control.

gnarley
    Blueprinting is a funny topic in itself. Being a motorhead from way back I remember guys trying to Bench race talkin shi_ and sayin they had their engines balanced & blueprinted, and had the blueprints. That made me laugh cause they really didn't know how bad they really sounded tryin to BS and show off.

Hallett19
    not to sound like an ass, but, I think my description best describes blueprinting, when you balance and blueprint you are making it superior to stock, i.e. taking a stock motor, balancing the crank,polishing the crank, lighening the rods, balancing all the rotating mass, decking the block to make the pistons flat with the deck, deburr, paint the inside for better oiling, port the heads, port the manifold, so optimizing what you alrady have without upgrading pretty much

HBjet
    I know ChetCapoli has worked on the hook on his boat. I don't know how far along he is, but I'm sure he can shed some light on his experiecnes of removing hook.
    HBjet

gnarley
    Maybe while were talking ‘bout hook, someone can shed some light on terminal hull speed as well?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast