Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Nissan Dealers on the board????

Essex502
    Sounds like a repeat of my experience with my '95 Nissan Pathfinder. Ate brake rotors. That situation was NEVER resolved by Nissan. That truck spent more days in the shop for warranty work that any 5 other vehicles I've owned. They replaced the transmission, differential, exhaust (include one exhasut manifold that cracked), driveshaft, shocks and half the emission system - all under warranty. The rotors? Not covered. 4 sets of rotors and pads went into that truck before I traded it in 9 months early on the lease for an American made vehicle. Funny thing is...the '91 Pathfinder was outstanding. No warranty work. Changed the oil and had the same regular scheduled maintenance (same dealer) and 90+K miles later with only a front brake PAD (only the pads!) replacement I traded it in for the '95. Shoulda' kept the '91.
    Would I buy another Nissan product? Not likely.

OGShocker
    Buy
    American!

Artv
    I just received all the parts for the updated bulletin for one of the qx56 that has been in our shop eight times for brake issues. I now work for Midway Infiniti in Phoenix. I came from corporate, I just got off the phone with the warranty manager at Nissan corp and he told me that the customers should be receiving a letter in the mail in the next few months.
    Any questions Pm me.

Essex502
    I just received all the parts for the updated bulletin for one of the qx56 that has been in our shop eight times for brake issues. I now work for Midway Infiniti in Phoenix. I came from corporate, I just got off the phone with the warranty manager at Nissan corp and he told me that the customers should be receiving a letter in the mail in the next few months.
    Any questions Pm me.
    But will it fix the problem?

Artv
    Per Nissan it will work.

Essex502
    Per Nissan it will work.
    You know how they "fixed" the clunking coming from the differential of my 1995 4x2 Pathfinder? By replacing the transmission with a 4x4, replacing the exhaust (because it is routed differently on a 4x4) and replacing the driveshaft. According to the service manager at Valencia Nissan at the time, the design of the truck prevent ANY other solution. Now, granted, I didn't have to pay a dime for the "fix" but driving 50+K miles with the clunking that started at 8K miles was pretty annoying. That and the fact that the same service manager told me all along that there was nothing "wrong" with the truck. If I hadn't continued to badger the service writers every visit to the "Stealership" I wouldn't have received the "fix" at all. No notice, no recall, no service bulletin sent to the owner - nothing but persistence.
    I hope for the owners of the vehicles that Nissan fixes it correctly. Their past history with me makes me skeptical.

NashvilleBound
    Even with the letter coming, the phone calls going on by people who's second language is English.....we are still racking up miles and are going to get whacked for them in the end. How many miles of my total were driving a vehicle that was in disrepair??? Most of them! Do the care...NO. Did I enjoy my new vehicle...yes for about the first 5000 miles then it just started falling apart...will they take that into consideration...no. They dont give a rats ass about me.... but if I have my way they will. I am involving a pretty high profile attorney in CA that is going to guild me through this. Friend of a friend so to speak. I think in the end it will work out to a fair settlement...thats all I ask for.

Essex502
    Even with the letter coming, the phone calls going on by people who's second language is English.....we are still racking up miles and are going to get whacked for them in the end. How many miles of my total were driving a vehicle that was in disrepair??? Most of them! Do the care...NO. Did I enjoy my new vehicle...yes for about the first 5000 miles then it just started falling apart...will they take that into consideration...no. They dont give a rats ass about me.... but if I have my way they will. I am involving a pretty high profile attorney in CA that is going to guild me through this. Friend of a friend so to speak. I think in the end it will work out to a fair settlement...thats all I ask for.
    My EXACT experience - in 1995! Sad to see some things never change.

HCS
    But will it fix the problem?
    I have all the info on the current fix. It's hot off the wire.
    It's a vendor problem. It's not so much Nissan, It's the vendor that supplies the parts.
    Nissan has issues with the vendor.

Essex502
    I have all the info on the current fix. It's hot off the wire.
    It's a vendor problem. It's not so much Nissan, It's the vendor that supplies the parts.
    Nissan has issues with the vendor.
    And they didn't test the vendor's product before including them on the vehicle? What about quality control and incoming inspection? Left to the vendor? Are these Nissans built in the US or imported? US vendor or Offshore vendor?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast