Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Nissan Dealers on the board????

HCS
    Quote:
    Nissan's primary supplier has experienced technical issues on their production line, which have caused a delay in countermeasure part production ramp-up. Nissan production engineers have worked ceaselessly with the supplier to help resolve these issues. There is a small increase in parts supply in May,
    which many force-feed dealers will see reflection in their weekly allocation quuantities. Nissan is confident there will be a significant increase in countermeaser parts availability in mid June.
    Bottom line. There's a limited parts supply. Wait in line or bitch enough so they move you to the head of the pack.

HCS
    And they didn't test the vendor's product before including them on the vehicle? What about quality control and incoming inspection? Left to the vendor? Are these Nissans built in the US or imported? US vendor or Offshore vendor?
    It's a US vendor. We have sevaral buy back issues here at our dealer. Nissan is telling us the new countermeasure parts are the fix. For Nissan's sake they better hope so.

Essex502
    So if I read you posts correctly...the original problem is not due to a vendor but the delay in getting replacement, corrective parts IS due to the vendor.
    I too hope that customers get their vehicle corrected in a timely manner. It sucks to have to deal with faults or defects on a brand new car or truck.

Rod-64
    Lots of good info here, guys............ :boxed:
    I guess it's hit or miss an ANY manufactorer. I own a Jeep GC LTD and have heard about their crappy transmissions and transfer cases. I have not had any probs with those.
    My Jeep just turned 83000 miles. ('97). What did die is the cd player no longer accepts cds........I'm guessing the mechanism died since the radio still works........The right rear speaker blew (too much Pantera, I think) and the front brakes are effing up again. I've needed new brakes and rotors every 2 years on the thing, speaking of those.
    I think you can find probs with any make of vehicle. Someone somewhere has bought a lemon POS. I once bought an 89 Trans AM GTA right off the showroom floor and it was a night mare. I had a stack of warranty papers 2 inches high. I think they built that car at 3 o'clock on the Friday before Memorial Day and finished a 4! :yuk: If I mentioned all the probs on that mother no one would believe me.
    Think I'll just air up the tires on my Fuji 18 speed.

NuckinFutz
    There's good and bad in every builder, but after my Frontier 4 door experience in 2001 I can say I'm pretty confident I'll never own another Nissan.

HCS
    I had a Nissan truck and sold it when it hit 295,000 miles. I got $2000.00 bucks for it when I sold it. :mix:
    Now I drive my wifes x Nissan Sentra to work. It has 250,000 miles on it. :mix:
    And I just bought my wife a 2005 Altima. :mix:
    Ofcourse I work for Nissan. Kinda makes a little difference. :coffeycup

Rod-64
    I had a Nissan truck and sold it when it hit 295,000 miles. I got $2000.00 bucks for it when I sold it. :mix:
    Now I drive my wifes x Nissan Sentra to work. It has 250,000 miles on it. :mix:
    And I just bought my wife a 2005 Altima. :mix:
    Ofcourse I work for Nissan. Kinda makes a little difference. :coffeycup
    So what do you get for the LE with the big tow pkg???......No DVD or Nav.

NashvilleBound
    I have all the info on the current fix. It's hot off the wire.
    It's a vendor problem. It's not so much Nissan, It's the vendor that supplies the parts.
    Nissan has issues with the vendor.
    So now its MY problem THEY had a problem with their vendor. Its F'd up. Like what was previously stated...what ever happened to taking responsibility for the product? Customer service? We called this morning and my wife sat on hold for over 10 minutes before hanging up.. No way will we call back for that. The next time they called my office is instructed to place the agent on hold for several minutes checking in with them every two or three.

HCS
    So now its MY problem THEY had a problem with their vendor. Its F'd up. Like what was previously stated...what ever happened to taking responsibility for the product? Customer service? We called this morning and my wife sat on hold for over 10 minutes before hanging up.. No way will we call back for that. The next time they called my office is instructed to place the agent on hold for several minutes checking in with them every two or three.
    Don't get me wrong. I'll agree. Nissan (f)ucked up. IMO. It's their first adventure with a full size truck. They under estimated how much breaking power it would need. IMO. I really think they didn't know what they were going to do to fix the problem. IMO. That's what took so long for them to come up with a solution. Nissan is going to have to replace every set of brakes on every Titan/Armada. Even the 2005's. I would think their engineers would want to be sure that the new countermeasure parts are going to fix the problem. Or they wouldn't release them. I would hope. :squiggle:
    In the mean time the dealers are suppose to keep replacing your brakes with the old set up until the new set comes in. It's a pain in the ass, but what else you going to do beside piss the truck back on them. Like your about to do. There's alot of people out there that want to do the samething.
    Personally I would wait for the upgrade and see how it goes. We have installed several now with no comebacks. So far so good.

HCS
    So what do you get for the LE with the big tow pkg???......No DVD or Nav.
    I work in parts. I could go up front and ask, but I'd probably get a bogus answer. :messedup:
    If your shopping the best bet is to look for the add cars. You know, the 2 at this price deal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast