Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new mufflers... thanks Jordy!

DogHouse
    Just installed the new Gibsons today and fired it up on the trailer... Much more quiet than with the CP Super Cylones I had before. Don't know if it'll get me into the marina but it's a big improvement over what I had. It'll be interesting to see how it does while running down the lake. Maybe we could even hold a conversation inside the boat, wouldn't that be nice! I would also expect these to make a little more power since there's a good size pass-through hole whereas the old muffs had a full block plate.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...3mufflers2.JPG
    Thanks Jordy!

Jordy
    Not a problem Mr. Doghouse. Those look great on. Can't wait to see what they do for you on the water.

roln 20s
    So Brian--when are we going out to test it out! I'm free tomorrow afternoon...and Tuesday...and Wednesday...and I'm sure I can fit thursday and friday in as necessary Those look bad ass--hope the results are good too.
    Roln 20s

Havasu Hangin'
    Can you make them any longer? I have muffler envy!
    :notam:
    PS- I would think it would be quieter just from exiting past the swimstep (AKA- the "echo chamber")...

DogHouse
    Can you make them any longer? I have muffler envy!
    :notam:
    PS- I would think it would be quieter just from exiting past the swimstep (AKA- the "echo chamber")...
    ...Hence the "length"... Coincidence? Maybe not!
    Some guys buy really big boats to compensate for er, well nevermind. I couldn't come up with the $$$ for that so I had to settle for really big mufflers!

DogHouse
    So Brian--when are we going out to test it out! I'm free tomorrow afternoon...and Tuesday...and Wednesday...and I'm sure I can fit thursday and friday in as necessary Those look bad ass--hope the results are good too.
    Roln 20s
    Does that mean we have to bring your boss since we're goofing off during the workday?
    I'll probably go out somewhere this weekend. Not sure where yet but I'll keep ya posted...

roln 20s
    Does that mean we have to bring your boss since we're goofing off during the workday?
    I'll probably go out somewhere this weekend. Not sure where yet but I'll keep ya posted...

The boss is definately NOT coming, but I'll pretend to be in a work mood so that I don't have to take vacation time You have my number, give me a call

MAINEVENT
    Be the first to join the newest club on the river. The Over the Limit Club tm. Save your money on mufflers and buy a shirt. We've got his and hers styles to choose from.
    We're temporarely renting space at:
    www.havasunow.com/olc.htm (http://www.havasunow.com/olc.htm)
    or contact us by e-mail at olc@rraz.net
    This guy is killing me this spam is like a roach it keeps popping up :220v:
    BTW nice Mufflers too bad the have to be on though :rollside:

DogHouse
    Went to Havasu marina and got tested... 81.8 db! Hard to believe, but this thing is super quiet now. Performance doesn't seem to have suffered. Factor in the price, and these Gibsons are a winner all the way around.

OutCole'd
    Brian, it was great to finally meet you Saturday. I never did get a chance to go check out your boat. There is always next time.
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast