Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat........... Mercury

Bryan Rose
    I tell ya if I did not know better I would think that ***boat and merc have a deal now.... is merc partnered up with the mag? Last 2 issues nothing but big merc coverage....... Whats up with that? I am sure merc pays tons in advertising but enough with the feature articles about motors that are to dam pricey For big , big HP . Wackers included but there really is no option on outboard power. Oh and 50 tube tests? :sleeping: come on!
    Rant over I'm putting on my Flame suit. :boxingguy
    Bryan
    Nice feature on old hot rod boats this month but not enough !

dbddbd
    All True.... :eat:

Mandelon
    I wouldn't doubt that there is some of that cooperation going on, but the company that owns Merc owns a sh*tload of boat companies as well. They probably produce a good portion of the boats made in this country....and have an advertising budget commensurate with that.
    Merc is power of choice for most builders, its in mine, I didn't have a problem reading about it. Although it would be nice to read about more alternatives too. What is up with Marine Power? Did they solve that "back door" issue??

Dribble
    Actually, Brunswick owns Merc, Baja, Sea Ray, Maxim and Bayliner. None of which are big ***boat advertisers. I'd say it's because 90% of their advertisers use Merc power when not building a jet. But I don't really think Merc is in bed with LFP or ***boat.

KACHINA KEN
    It's a term Jordy used once, it's called "nutswinging"

Wicky
    Actually, Brunswick owns Merc, Baja, Sea Ray, Maxim and Bayliner. None of which are big ***boat advertisers. I'd say it's because 90% of their advertisers use Merc power when not building a jet. But I don't really think Merc is in bed with LFP or ***boat.
    You forgot about Boston Whaler and I think Bertram or Hatteras as well.

Sweet Addiction
    I liked the new Issue, just my opinion. I just don't really ever read the motor stuff so it does not bother me.

NuckinFutz
    Tube portion sucked, if all I wanted was ads on tubes I'd search for my Overtons catalog. They didn't even go out and test any of these tubes to see what ones were the funnest. I don't really want a magazine that does nothing than go to the manufacturers website or catalog and reprint their ads and call it a magazine. They could have at least done this type of thing for props or something performance related and print what the manufacturers claim about particular models, but for tubes I think about everyone that reads ***boat will just go to the local store and buy whatever they have on the shelf that will hold a kid or two.

Mandelon
    It's a term Jordy used once, it's called "nutswinging"
    Once?!

Lake Ape
    Ya, if I want to go to Skitube.com (http://www.skitube.com/) I will go there on my computer, I don't need it in my magazine too. They didn't even review them...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast