Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Put-up or get put out of the Channel

rivrbrat
    Here is my Email to the City Council.
    To Whom it May Concern:
    I am writing to you as a homeowner in Lake Havasu City. Soon to be full time and voting member of the community. I believe the problems in the channel can be immediately rectified by rescinding a previous and deadly discussion to close the Sandbar during holiday weekends. Since that decision people have died in the channel because of the immediate increase of carbon monoxide levels in the channel. This was brought on by the decision to close the SandBar and the immediate transition of all the boats that would have been at the Sandbar, that migrated to the Channel.
    Rescinding this previous deadly decision to close the Sandbar would allow the city to shift the majority of enforcement focus and control of all of the boating community to the numerous other agencies that patrol the Lake Havasu Area Water Ways, also allowing the Lake Havasu City Police to focus their efforts on the Channel and Zero Tolerance in the Channel and the surrounding areas.
    If this city is to become the great place it should be, those individuals that our entrusted to lead us must be able to admit their mistakes,'' Closing the SandBar'' ''Immediate increased Levels of Carbon Monoxide in the Bridge Water Channel'' learn from them and be big enough to reverse them.
    Lastly as our city representives are you aware that your decision to close the SandBar as caused deaths from Carbon Monoxide, or will you chose to just stick your heads in the sand as most other politicians do, or place the blame on someone else?

bohica
    Should of used spell check :hammerhea
    I got what you were try to imply, but it rescinding. :messedup:

Kachina26
    Actually, spellcheck wouldn't have helped as "resending" is a word. Just not the word he wanted. All kidding aside, writing calm, thought out letters on the subject is important.
    Next time have somebody proof it for you

Boatcop
    The City of Lake Havasu had nothing to do with closing the Sandbar. It is not in their jurisdiction. They don't patrol it. The closure was not their decision.
    Mohave County, The US Fish and Wildlife Service, and other concerns made the decision to close the Sand Bar, due to the inability to control unruly crowds, the incidents of violence, and the threat to the environment from massive amounts of human waste and trash generated by Holiday Weekend crowds.
    The Lake Havasu City Council may be able to request that Mohave County, et al, lift the Holiday Weekend closure, but other than making that request, they have no say in the matter.

Nord
    :d

ROZ
    The City of Lake Havasu had nothing to do with closing the Sandbar. It is not in their jurisdiction. They don't patrol it. The closure was not their decision.
    Mohave County, The US Fish and Wildlife Service, and other concerns made the decision to close the Sand Bar, due to the inability to control unruly crowds, the incidents of violence, and the threat to the environment from massive amounts of human waste and trash generated by Holiday Weekend crowds.
    The Lake Havasu City Council may be able to request that Mohave County, et al, lift the Holiday Weekend closure, but other than making that request, they have no say in the matter.
    That's exactly what my response woul dhave been, had I responded, of course

rivrbrat
    Thank you, but I didn't put this out there to have my spelling or grammar critiqued.
    So Put up or Shut up. They need to hear all of our opinions!

Kachina26
    It wasn't meant as a personal "slam", just when writing letters, like it or not, you are judged by your spelling or grammer. I will be putting up rather than shutting up :coffeycup

rivrbrat
    Thanks, that's what I want to hear.

KLEPTOW
    So we are to believe that the LHC council had nothing to do with the sandBar Closing?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast