Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***Help Wanted***

orange peel
    what is the benefit of the wedge you have in the pump? I have berkley pump with droop and place diverter but no wedge will it help me? my dad has one but no droop.Also what the best impeller to run for a boat with 450-500 hp??

Squirtin Thunder
    The benefit of the wedge is to give you more adjustability. Which in turn will get you the proper angle of thrust to make your boat run better with more control. Now that set up did not work for me, that 2* down wedge, I will be going back to just the droop and see how that works. With a stock pump and no droop, I ran 7* up. That set up worked well. I ran 444 lhp on a standard Berk A impeller @ 5300 rpm, 74 mph. Now with my MPD B- impeller, I am moving more water, less rpm to plane and speed is upwards of 75 mph @ 5100 rpm. So depending on your set up, weight of your boat, cam, price of tea in China and the atmospheric pressure of hell, I personally recommend an MPD B or AB impeller.

orange peel
    The benefit of the wedge is to give you more adjustability. Which in turn will get you the proper angle of thrust to make your boat run better with more control. Now that set up did not work for me, that 2* down wedge, I will be going back to just the droop and see how that works. With a stock pump and no droop, I ran 7* up. That set up worked well. I ran 444 lhp on a standard Berk A impeller @ 5300 rpm, 74 mph. Now with my MPD B- impeller, I am moving more water, less rpm to plane and speed is upwards of 75 mph @ 5100 rpm. So depending on your set up, weight of your boat, cam, price of tea in China and the atmospheric pressure of hell, I personally recommend an MPD B or AB impeller.
    My boat runs around 80 @5500rpm but i never had a wedge. I think my impeller is bronze and i have a droop.
    Thanks for the info

My boat runs around 80 @5500rpm

Markist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12