Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park Moabi launch.....

bunny 166
    Anyone know if it's open yet? Are those damn curbs gone?

racecar.hotshoe
    Anyone know if it's open yet? Are those damn curbs gone?
    Happy Mothers Day Cindy...............Didnt mean to Highjack the thread.

Scream
    What's wrong with the curbs...I like em. Actually they can be a pain in the ass IMO, but they do thier job in keeping others out of your lane.

bunny 166
    What's wrong with the curbs...I like em. Actually they can be a pain in the ass IMO, but they do thier job in keeping others out of your lane.
    I want those suckers gone!.....obviously you have not done a rail grind with everyone on their golf carts laughing their asses off at you.....
    How are you doing Matt? So sorry for your loss.....hope you're OK--thinking of you today.

Scream
    Well I usually get it throught the asphault gauntlet unscathed...
    I'm fine. We as a family are still getting together today. Almost 40 of us now and we have plenty of Mothers to love and hug, so all's not lost. I'm not as sad as I think I should be. My mom was a really incredible woman. Just the story of her life is enough to make some wonder if she was some sort of pioneer. I think the reason I'm doing so well is that I was with her when she passed, we all were. As experiences go, I don't wish having to whitness you mother passing on anyone, but it's really been a help for me to get on with life. It may hit me later, but for now I'm glad I got to say "I love you Mom" and have her say she loved me just before she died.
    Thanks for your thoughts, I do appreciate it.

bunny 166
    You sound like you're doing well. She must have been a wonderful lady! Tell Deb Happy Mother's Day and I hope you all have a great party--sounds fun with so many people there to talk with and laugh with. Take care, hun Cindy
    P.S.--do you know if Moabi is open??

Coach
    They should be done by now. They said they were looking at the 7th as the completion date. Give them a call (760) 326-3831. We have just launched from site 1 the last few times it is very hard packed there now with everyone launching, but I the biggest boat we have launched is a 23 Jet with a lifted F-250.
    I actually love the curbs so we can use all of the lanes. Plus it make for great afternoon entertainment. I love watching all of the dumb fights between couples over putting a boat in the water.

bunny 166
    They should be done by now. They said they were looking at the 7th as the completion date. Give them a call (760) 326-3831. We have just launched from site 1 the last few times it is very hard packed there now with everyone launching, but I the biggest boat we have launched is a 23 Jet with a lifted F-250.
    I actually love the curbs so we can use all of the lanes. Plus it make for great afternoon entertainment. I love watching all of the dumb fights between couples over putting a boat in the water.
    Thanks for the phone # Coach--I'll give them a call. Not sure if site 1 will work for us....where is that exactly? As far as afternoon entertainment, we have been the main attraction once, hopefully never again... It's frickin' funny now, but when it's in the moment, you are not laughing :boxingguy
    Fight ON!!!

TheLurker
    Not sure if site 1 will work for us....where is that exactly?
    That would be peninsula site #1. You see it on the left just before you leave the no wake zone to the river. It is not paved.
    I liked the curbs.

bunny 166
    That would be peninsula site #1. You see it on the left just before you leave the no wake zone to the river. It is not paved.
    I liked the curbs.
    Gotcha--I know where that is now....and those curbs are evil :skull: I think we are too big to launch at site 1, so we'll wait for the ramp I guess. I'll call tomorrow to see if it's done :smile: We can also go to Needles Marina, or if the water is high enough, at our place....thanks Lurker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast