Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: California Gun Laws

Ultrafied
    CUS HE'S GOING TO CALIE :burningm: :idea:
    Caught that when he told me .... but thanks for clarifying it again for me.

Wicky
    Moving to PTown !! I like it.
    Just rolled in from Havasu. Great weekend. Bought a new Yukon Denali and drove the boat this weekend too. What a great combo. That boat is so awesome, no stress, smooth ride, and perfect speed for me. Nothing to clean too. I can't even find anything to wipe down during the day !! Crazy.
    What an awesome day Saturday. 90 degrees, got some sun !!
    Going to Cabo for a week beginning of June, then big river trip June 25th weekend. See ya then !!
    Good luck with a gun permit in So Cal. They just don't issue them, unless something unusual.
    Pomona is a beautiful town !! Come visit it sometime !! ha !!
    PBO
    Looks like I'm moving to McKinley and San Antonio.
    That's the good part of the hood right?
    What motor does the Denali have? 6.0L?
    Days like today I wish I had a pontoon. 35 mph winds kicked up and the rain poured down. Lousy day of fishing. Made it back just in time for Mothers day dinner.
    Mow!!! So where is the best place to hide my AK47?
    I think it looks good in the gun rack~~

Wicky
    thats why we moved to ut,everyone has a gun
    I like guns!!

Boatcop
    Until HR 218 was made law last year, it was illegal for ME to carry in California.
    Although most Cali cops I talked to wouldn't have rousted me for it.
    It makes no sense to disarm your back-up.

blackcloud75
    Wicky,
    Reference: Claremont
    North of Interstate 10 FWY is Claremona
    South of the 10 FWY is Northern Tijuana

Wicky
    Wicky,
    Reference: Claremont
    North of Interstate 10 FWY is Claremona
    South of the 10 FWY is Northern Tijuana
    Ayyyyyy Chihuaha!!!
    Still no LEs with a definitive breakdown of what I can and can't do. Anyone?
    Bueler...bueler...

Waldo
    Wicky, your traveling with firearms is considered a "peacable journey" and it's defined as this:
    "If you do not have a Concealed Carry Permit issued by a California Sheriff or Law Enforcement Agency you can not transport a loaded firearm in a vehicle or on your person in California.
    If you do not have a California CCW Permit the unloaded firearm must be in a locked box in the trunk or in a locked box (Not the glove box or console) inside the vehicle. If transporting a firearm in California it must be legal for you to possess that firearm under California Law."
    However, I'll take my chances with this one since I'm sure Cali will never issue me a CCW:
    "California law has a gray area, a de facto quasi-right-to-carry. The state law provides that carrying a concealed weapon (including a knife or blackjack) is a FELONY, however, a clear exception exists. If you are carrying a gun (not a knife!) AND it was legally purchased AND you are not a gang member (yes, there is a statutory definition of gang member) AND it is your first such arrest, then concealed carry is a misdemeanor. A typical fine is $200."

Wicky
    Wicky, your traveling with firearms is considered a "peacable journey" and it's defined as this:
    "If you do not have a Concealed Carry Permit issued by a California Sheriff or Law Enforcement Agency you can not transport a loaded firearm in a vehicle or on your person in California.
    If you do not have a California CCW Permit the unloaded firearm must be in a locked box in the trunk or in a locked box (Not the glove box or console) inside the vehicle. If transporting a firearm in California it must be legal for you to possess that firearm under California Law."
    However, I'll take my chances with this one since I'm sure Cali will never issue me a CCW:
    "California law has a gray area, a de facto quasi-right-to-carry. The state law provides that carrying a concealed weapon (including a knife or blackjack) is a FELONY, however, a clear exception exists. If you are carrying a gun (not a knife!) AND it was legally purchased AND you are not a gang member (yes, there is a statutory definition of gang member) AND it is your first such arrest, then concealed carry is a misdemeanor. A typical fine is $200."
    Ahhhhhhh, thank you Waldo. That clearly defines what I can and can't do.
    I like the quasi-right-to-carry part. :rollside: I drive through some desolate areas on my way to Cali from Idaho. Funny thing though it's probably safer in the desolate areas than it is in Cali. Everyone knows your packing in the desolate areas.
    Thanks again,
    Wicky

LOWRIVER2
    And remember:
    Buy all your .50 cal. rifles prior to Apr., 06, they're getting banned in Ca. just like other assault weapons. Get them now and register so you can hit bambi at 1,600 yards/lol.

Wicky
    I carried a gun for my country for 9 years, did you?
    Nope, I decidided to go to 9 years of college instead!!! Besides, my Dad is a Congressman.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast