Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 2500 Diesel...

slingingsmoke
    Thanks it looks like I'll probably go with the MBRP. Is there a big difference between the T409 and the T304 stainless. Also what cold air intake would you recomend?
    The T304 is a higher grade of Stainless Steel. Most folks who get the T304 are in areas that have lots of snow/ice/salt. It is least resistant to rust.
    T-409 is a lower grade of SS, but is perfect for guys like us in the west coast.
    Aluminized will work well and is cheapest too.
    Both T-409 and T-304 will most likely outlast the life of your truck!
    AIR intakes..... www.afefilters.com John carries them on www.dieselperformanceshops.com
    Look under GM
    Airfilters: AFE
    and yours will be the Stage II Pro-Guard 7
    John will beat any price!

Kilrtoy
    So what will the MBRP do for you.....

djunkie
    Look and sound cool. LOL!!!! With the exhaust and cool air intake it is said that you will gain some power and fuel economy. Well we'll see. Didn't make a difference on my old truck but that was a gas engine. :idea:

dieseldog
    MBRP is a great choice for exhaust. If you use a programmer such as a predator and add some gauges, it works well for bringing in for warranty work. No hard parts to remove, just re-program it to stock and leave the gauges in. No harm in having gauges right? I've had reports of fuel mileage increases with a mild tuner and an exhaust system. If you can get rid of the cat that will help too. Another good thing about the MBRP, it fits!! which is more than I can say for some other systems I have installed.

Kilrtoy
    Look and sound cool. LOL!!!! With the exhaust and cool air intake it is said that you will gain some power and fuel economy. Well we'll see. Didn't make a difference on my old truck but that was a gas engine. :idea:
    PLEASE keep me informed on your outcome......

djunkie
    PLEASE keep me informed on your outcome......
    Roger that.

LHC30Victory
    what about the Banks stuff??????

djunkie
    what about the Banks stuff??????
    I was told with the Banks stuff all you are buying is the name. I'm sure its great but there's a lot out there that is just as good for less money. Unless you just have to have that Banks Power emblem.

Essex502
    I'd leave the truck alone. Buy another vehicle for your wife's use and leave the truck in Havasu like the rest of us!

slingingsmoke
    Drop your EGT's (exhaust gas temperature) which is why it is important to have guages when towing w/ a diesel. Too much boost over a long period of time will cook your turbo.
    Other advantages are quicker turbo spool up (more boost sooner), more MPG & awesome sound.
    JON.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast