Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 2500 Diesel...

BLOWN HOWARD
    Just heard from around the block that the Chevy EGR is bad and thats why people who remove the cat from the system have engine lights. Chevy is getting ready to recall them from what i heard!!! Once they replace them you shouldnt have a problem with removing the CAT!! I also remembering that someone said if you unplug the EGR and plug it into a EGR that is just sitting in the motor compartment it will work that way also. Just stuff i heard so dont quote me on the above

Essex502
    Just heard from around the block that the Chevy EGR is bad and thats why people who remove the cat from the system have engine lights. Chevy is getting ready to recall them from what i heard!!! Once they replace them you shouldnt have a problem with removing the CAT!! I also remembering that someone said if you unplug the EGR and plug it into a EGR that is just sitting in the motor compartment it will work that way also. Just stuff i heard so dont quote me on the above

caroftheweek
    hi all:
    I have a 4wd crew cab short bed duramax with the Edge Juice and Attitude, Magnaflow exhaust (no cat) and drop in k&n filter. With 265 tires it will smoke the tires into 3rd gear. It gets 18mpg on river trips as long as you stay out of the boost and has been reliable, no problems in 96000 miles. Btw, to use the attitude, you must have the Edge Juice, the Attitude plugs into it. I am pleased with the all the add-ons and would recommend them to anyone. These make the truck fun to drive. I had the k&n FIPK and did not like it. did not notice any difference and that filter got dirty quick. I have not heard the MBRP but if it is cheaper and the muffler is straight through and is 4" then i say go for it. I have had great luck with the magnaflow products, great quality and sounds good. PM Cole Trickle and see if he can break you a deal on the magnaflow if you decide to go that way. This is my 3rd Duramax and I have done this to each one with the same results. Good luck.
    Regards,
    Ryan

slingingsmoke
    EGR is bad
    EGR is for gassers, they do not belong on diesel engines, We can thank the EPA for that. It clogs us up! It ruins longetivity and mileage.
    Yes a ford trick is to buy a used EGR and zip tie it to something in your engine compartment and connect the wire from your "real" EGR valve. Then your stock EGR stays in the closed position not allowing all that crap to go back into your intake.
    JON

Kachina26
    I also remembering that someone said if you unplug the EGR and plug it into a EGR that is just sitting in the motor compartment it will work that way also. Just stuff i heard so dont quote me on the above
    Sorry to quote you, but that was way too much to re-type
    The engine control module (ECM) tests the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow once per ignition cycle. When the proper enabling conditions are met, the ECM will close the EGR valve and then open the EGR valve while monitoring the mass air flow (MAF) signal. An expected MAF difference should be detected between the open and closed positions. If the ECM does not see the expected MAF difference, DTC P0401 sets.
    So if it isn't flowing, you will set a light.

Eliminator 4 Life
    MBRP is a great choice for exhaust. If you use a programmer such as a predator and add some gauges, it works well for bringing in for warranty work. No hard parts to remove, just re-program it to stock and leave the gauges in. No harm in having gauges right? I've had reports of fuel mileage increases with a mild tuner and an exhaust system. If you can get rid of the cat that will help too. Another good thing about the MBRP, it fits!! which is more than I can say for some other systems I have installed.
    Clyde thanks for the fat hook up on my MBRP I cant wait to get home and mount that shit up and let her rip If you get this before you send my invoice send me a sticker to thanks Rob

djunkie
    Clyde thanks for the fat hook up on my MBRP I cant wait to get home and mount that shit up and let her rip If you get this before you send my invoice send me a sticker to thanks Rob
    Whas this about a deal on the MBRP exhaust?

slingingsmoke
    see what I mean.....MBRP is the shizzz

Eliminator 4 Life
    Whas this about a deal on the MBRP exhaust?
    Have to get a hold of diesel dog

dieseldog
    Rob, the exhaust will be there Friday, and I sent the stickers and invoice today. Thanks!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast