Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: help with header clearance!

tattoo

wsuwrhr
    You can either sawzall some fiberglass off, or get an oxyacetelene torch and preburn the gelcoat to get an idea if you will like the look. :messedup:
    Ain't gonna fly IMHO.
    Brian
    I didn't hear anything about the motor angle yet, is the front of the motor 4 inches higher than the back? Just don't look right.

tattoo
    I raised the rear up 1/4". I was thinking of cutting the top of the transom and taking a 1/2 of a pice of aluminum pipe and making a nicthed area for it. kind of like they do on cars bumpers. Will the transom be strong enough?

wsuwrhr
    I raised the rear up 1/4". I was thinking of cutting the top of the transom and taking a 1/2 of a pice of aluminum pipe and making a nicthed area for it. kind of like they do on cars bumpers. Will the transom be strong enough?
    Ummmmm, I was only kidding.
    Brian

Aluminum Squirt
    I had some sagging headers and bent them up an inch or two. Not sure if you want to do that or go the custom route, but I bent them cold by hooking up a cherry picker under the collector and going nice and slow. Not sure if I'd do that to nice new headers. My headers were blued pretty bad, I run them dry, and the heat doesn't damage aluminum like it does glass/gelcoat. Good luck-Aluminum Squirt

tattoo
    What about cutting a couple inches off them?

tattoo
    Well, about 6"?

tattoo
    I just measured it and if I cut 6" off the ends, I would be 2 1/2" from the transom.

likwidsukr
    No way not gonna work. You can cut 9 " off and It still will burn the boat. You will have to go a different route! Not gonna work.

tattoo
    What do you suggest?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast