Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slow rollers + common courtesy

Havasu_Dreamin
    Or what about when you're sitting tied up to a few other boats and about 5 boats come by and do the same thing?

Not So Fast
    Actually, I saw some jackball in a new DCB last year blocking ALL of the docks and the left 3 lanes.
    And I'll bet there was a Ranger parked right there and didn't say s--t. I have gone to the trouble of E-mailing (my thing now that I'm retired) the State Parks and even going down to talk to the head Ranger (Brian Pendley -email bpendley@pr.state.az.us) about the ridiculous layout of the courtesy docks on the north ramp and why on a busy weekend they do not have a couple of Rangers stationed there to make things go smoother, I mean it is a real cluster f--k and although I don't want more regulations it is badly needed especially at Windsor. From Idiots who either dont give a crap or those God Damn rental outfits who think they own the ramp. Anyway the answer was the same, NO BUDGET. Hard to believe with what they charge isn't it. We live here and believe me I shudder when I think of having to launch on any Saturday becuase it is flat out DANGEROUS. and if the wind comes up :boxed: LOOK OUT, WOW. The other email is - rknotts@pr.state.az.us- Regional Manager in case you too think the situation sucks at Windsor. NSF

RiverOtter
    Does it piss off any of you guys (or gals) off when you are sitting out side of the bouy line waiting to be picked up ( and that IS WHERE you should wait, not right in front of the ramp) and the infamous 24' Chapperal or Crownline deep "V" comes cruizin in about 15 mph putting out some humongus rollers and it almost turns you over. then they look at you like "Whats the matter dude" Hate to profile but that type of boat is the usual offender. Just wondering if it was just me because I hate the damn things. :cry: NSF
    I own a 23' Chap and never do or would do that. Just because I don't own a $100,000 + boat without a windshield doesn't mean I don't know how to drive or exercise common courtesy. If you had blamed it on a Bayliner I would have to agree

Kilrtoy
    I own a 23' Chap and never do or would do that. Just because I don't own a $100,000 + boat without a windshield doesn't mean I don't know how to drive or exercise common courtesy. If you had blamed it on a Bayliner I would have to agree
    YOU RANG...............

Not So Fast
    Sorry Otter but that just happened to be the brand of boat that almost capsized me yesterday at Winsdor while I WAITED OUTSIDE THE BOUY LINES for my trailer. I'm sure you are a great driver NSF

RiverOtter
    Sorry Otter but that just happened to be the brand of boat that almost capsized me yesterday at Winsdor while I WAITED OUTSIDE THE BOUY LINES for my trailer. I'm sure you are a great driver NSF
    Just curious, how did a 24' Chap almost sink a 28' Magic Deck (assuming that is the kind of boat you own)? Is the freeboard that shallow? I am asking because I am fantacising about buying one. :idea: Gotta be able to keep up with my buddy NashvilleBIGMONEYbound.

NashvilleBound
    Just curious, how did a 24' Chap almost sink a 28' Magic Deck (assuming that is the kind of boat you own)? Is the freeboard that shallow? I am asking because I am fantacising about buying one. :idea: Gotta be able to keep up with my buddy NashvilleBIGMONEYbound.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> :notam: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

RiverOtter
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> :notam: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    LOL! Gotchya!

NashvilleBound
    LOL! Gotchya!
    lol..pretty much. But you know how those guys that drive Chaps are.

RiverOtter
    lol..pretty much. But you know how those guys that drive Chaps are.
    Yes, we approach all launch ramps 1/2 on plain and tie up to other boats with no fenders. Unfortunatly there are those out there. :hammerhea

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast