Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IRS Audit..Anyone Been Thru The BS ??

ROZ
    A lot of good advise here... Bottom line is that as long as the information you provided your CPA was correct and was filed it properly, there should be no problem with your audit.
    Many moons ago my father was a fraud examiner/ prof. witness CPA type with the IRS. He says he always knew of potential holes were in a case that the defendant could have won, but never lost a case(so I think). He's in public practice now doing typical CPA stuff including fraud stuff and business valuations...
    If you for some reason you don' tthink your accountant is up to par and would like someone else to speak to, I'll be glad to foward his number to you...

Dave C
    not just that.. we pay 15% payroll tax on employees but no payroll tax on subs.....
    so if the sub doesn't pay their taxes they get all irrate and want to collect the payroll tax from someone even if that someone doesn't legally owe it.
    So if an IC should have been classified as an employee then someone should have collected and paid payroll taxes on that employee.
    Its all kind of grey area and facts and circumstances (i.e. IC vs. employee) so make sure all the stories are the same and you won't have a problem.

ROZ
    so if the sub doesn't pay their taxes they get all irrate and want to collect the payroll tax from someone even if that someone doesn't legally owe it.
    so make sure all the stories are the same and you won't have a problem.
    If he uses subs, I can totally see this happening.....
    ROZ <---- sub

lucky
    Or put all your records in the barn and let the mice and birds shit all over them. When the auditor asks for them just point and say all yours
    thats what i'm talking about

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123