Thread: Anyone going to Ming on Saturday?

flat broke
    Hey Gents,
    I know a couple of the OP6Cers are going on Sunday, but I was wondering if anyone will be up there on Saturday. Since this will be my first time to Ming, do they close the whole lake off? I know its small, but was contemplating bringing the boat if I would be able to do some testing. Before Jim responds that I could run it for $75-$100 in the river racer class, remember its a 21' daycruiser. Anyhow, if you're going up on Saturday, shoot me an email and maybe we could hook up.
    Chris

superdave013
    You will not be able to run your boat at Lake Ming on Friday, Saturday or Sunday this weekend. Just so you know, Saturday is elimantions for the bracket racers and the pro classes run on sunday. Unless they changed the format as I have not been for a few years.

HBjet
    THis was a very long time ago, but I remember going to Ming for boat testing on a Thursday. The lake was closed to skiers etc, but you could test your boat from 8am-11am or noon. I don't know if they do that anymore, but the time we went up there, we had a Comp Hydro and a Pro Gas Jet making passes. They just took turns on the water.
    HBjet
    my .02

superdave013
    I think the thrusday test and tune is still going on. I used to run my boat on non race weekends and sometimes I would be almost the only one there!

HYDROMOBILE
    Every thing is still the same testing every thurs 8-11:00 racing the same fri. qual, sat brackiets, sunday clases

HYDROMOBILE
    Chris, there were a couple of flatbottoms that ran in the 40's I think 42 and 49 so don't be ashamed to run it, even a jetski ran thru. they said they had a lot of fun doing it.

FoMoCo
    I want to go up saturday, but I am not quit sure how to get there, I live in Sacramento!

FoMoCo it is easy. Take 99 south to Golden State Ave take that to Highway 178 east. Go 12 miles to Alfred Harrell Highway. Turn left and go to the stop sign. Turn right and drive right into the lake. Really, right into the lake. Good time to be had by all. Especially when the OPers come out to crash the party.