Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New lift kits

BLOWN HOWARD
    I don't think so-I am running the Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires in 37x12.50 with my CST adjusted up to the 8" range. Running those Nitto's with the lift set at 6" will look fine-plus the ride will be awesome!!!!
    I also did the Deaver spring pack, as well as air bags and on-board compressor and tank(thanks to Sigepmock!). The truck tows great, just needs more power!!!!LOL
    If you dont mind me asking what did the spring pack run ya?? And is the ride better??

sigepmock
    I got my spring pack directly from Deaver paid $450 for the 4" lifted set. It rides nicer than the stock 3/4 ton springs but not as nice as SoCalHd's truck he got a 1/2 ton set and make ups the difference with the airbags for towing. It rides very nice. Also something Chris (SoCalHD) did was not waste his money of dual front shocks but rather installed a single SUPER PIMP DADDY bypass shock at each corner. It looks pimp and rides better than a $1000 hooker or so I've been told. I would agree with Chris, CST is the way to go. I have the RCD and have had to upgrade then upper A-arms and the steering(pitman and Idle arm) the CST comes with all the goodies already and the guys that did the work on Chris's truck did an outstanding job, some of the cleanest work I've seen.
    Just my $.02,
    Chris (the other one)

BLOWN HOWARD
    Well sounds like i am going to get the 1/2 springs cause i was already going to do the bags. Are the 1/2 springs cheaper than the 3/4 ton ?? I am running the RCD lift so far and no probs! seems like a good kit.

sigepmock
    1/2 ton springs were the same price when I talked with the guys at Deaver. Call and talk with Jeff or (can't remember the other guy's name) at Deaver 714-542-3703. I think the price started at $600 and then I talked with him a couple more times and the price kept droping. Give him the old "I heard about you from some guys that bought direct from you before and they said the price was around $450.....can you help me out?" kinda thing.
    Don't get me wrong the RCD is a great kit for the price and this is my second one.....but if you have the $$$ the CST kit is the way to go.
    Chris

Magic34
    OK, so it looks like if I do this the CST is the one to go with. Do I have to bag it if I don't want the rear to sag when towing? I have a 34' boat and a 30' Weekend Warrior. I do run weight distribution on the toyhauler.

sigepmock
    I noticed more sag in the rear after I lifted the truck, even running the blocks and stock springs with the load leveling hitch. I think the weight distributing hitch losses leverage when you use a drop hitch. I switched to the Deaver lifted springs and air bags and the truck towed a ton better and rode a ton better. You can stay with the Rear lift blocks and stock springs but with all the torque the Dmax has I think you may start to see some wheel hop. I did with the S/C on my truck.
    Chris

BLOWN HOWARD
    Don't get me wrong the RCD is a great kit for the price and this is my second one.....but if you have the $$$ the CST kit is the way to go.
    Chris[/QUOTE]
    I have priced them out before and some shops are actually selling the CST cheaper than the RCD but maybe some shops get better deals on them. Defenetly alot more parts in the CST to change than the RCD, i could see the CST costing more because of that.

SoCalHD
    Chris
    I have priced them out before and some shops are actually selling the CST cheaper than the RCD but maybe some shops get better deals on them. Defenetly alot more parts in the CST to change than the RCD, i could see the CST costing more because of that.[/QUOTE]
    I think part of the reason is that the CST is sold without shocks. The other lifts come with shocks. The RCD comes with very nice Bilstein shocks. That might explain why it is a few $$ more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12