Thread: New guy on the block

jaqquuuz
    Hey just found your site a couple of days ago and thought Id get on board.Its nice to have a place to go for the info.

fat rat
    Hey buddy welcome aboard....sorry we over looked you....what kinda boat are ya squirtin?

jaqquuuz
    I "ve got a 73 Glenco semi v flatbottom with a good ole Olds 455. I 've had the boat since 82 and I just finished doing a total resturation last year. I went to duals up on top and also went thru the transom with Rewarders new headers. Its nice to hear the cd player again while were runnin down the river,if you know what I mean. What are you runnin fat rat by the looks of your name somthing tells me its a rat motor. Thanks for the welcome and we' talk with you later

blueskiller
    Originally posted by jaqquuuz:
    I "ve got a 73 Glenco semi v flatbottom with a good ole Olds 455. I 've had the boat since 82 and I just finished doing a total resturation last year. I went to duals up on top and also went thru the transom with Rewarders new headers. Its nice to hear the cd player again while were runnin down the river,if you know what I mean. What are you runnin fat rat by the looks of your name somthing tells me its a rat motor. Thanks for the welcome and we' talk with you later
    hey i have 73 glenco with an olds. it would be better cool to see some pictures

gstark
    I just traded in my trusty 73 Glencoe 455/12JCA pump by Jack.
    I put over 450 hrs on it in the past 9 years, and probably twice that the prior 10 years. Never had a problem, never milkshaked the oil. Of course, it took work to have it that way, but that's half the fun.
    Two of the best things I did were:
    1. Built a swim step. Teak wood and stainless steel welded brackets. Adds another dimension to the boat. Also kills the following wake when you shut down hard. Never took water over the transom.
    2. Bimini top. At the Colorado River, this increases comfort time in 110-120F weather.
    But....
    the boat just got too small for the kids and grandkids. Now I've got a new 23' Caliber1 Velocity. Awesome. 502 carb with Legend set back. Hit 56.3 on GPS with 13 hrs on motor. Hoping for a few more MPH as it breaks in and I tweak things.
    Getting used to it. The handling is different from the Glencoe, but I've been experimenting with the diverter and Dana tabs and now I can hook turns like before.
    Holeshot just as strong, if not stronger.

jaqquuuz
    Hey thanks for the welcome guys. Sure I'd love to show you guys the boat all I need is a camera to take the pictures. As far as the Bimini top I 've had one for about 3years I just wished I put one on 10 years ago. As soon as I get a camera I'll show you some photos.One thing I do like about my glenco is my brother in-law runs a Sanger blown flatty and the olds always pulls him back to the dock when it breaks.

froggystyle
    Whoa there jacuuzz, I happen to be a major purveyor of the "back to the dock" tow http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I have been pulled back by the best! Outboards, inboards, Olds, Fords, you name it. Just remember, some of the fastest boats on the river get that way by becoming the slowest ones on occassion! Hee Hee.

jaqquuuz
    I couldn't agree more with you more froggy if the olds is strong in one area its towing.