Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perris vs Elsinore

socaldj1
    I live about 20 minutes from Perris and about 30-40 from Elsinore. I usually go to Perris with both the boat and Sea Doos. I never see Perris mentioned anywhere on HB. I haven't been to Elsinore in 10 years, don't remember much about it either. Just wondering where people launch at Elsinore and if there are benefits of one lake over the other. My family likes to Kneeboard, WakeBoard and tube(I know there tubing is not allowed on most of the lakes around here.) Thanks

xs ultra
    Lake Elsinore is good to go fast no speed limit down the center of the lake.
    Water too green -it's safe just don't look good. You need to get back out to Elsinore just to check it out. Best part you do not need reservation in the summer months.
    If you want to go in the water stay at Parris.

HM
    Perris definitely has better beaches to hang on.
    No tubes allowed on Elsinore. The best marina is Elsinore Marina, but the public ramp works well, and the public beach (east side) has the best beach right now.
    The trash is from all the run off of the rains and is pretty cleaned up now. The fish die from lack of oxygen in the water. Most people in CA don't have any clue about natural lakes - which elsinore is.
    Elsinore also has the cleanest water. It has algea (the green stuff) that can be gross at times, but it is not "dirty" from a health stand point - the algea is what keeps the bacteria levels way down. Perris water is clean this time of year, but it gets shut down several times a year due to bacteria levels (pee pee and poo poo). But the water "looks" clean.
    Elsinore cops only single you out if you stick out. I have more hours on that lake than all the HB members combined and never had any trouble - and I don't exactly follow the speed limits all the time, but, I choose my time and place for bending/breaking the rules. If you are showing good judgement, they don't bother you. If you were hanging out in a cove drinking and they saw you, they will be looking for a reason to pull you over to check if you are impaired.
    I personally like Perris better in the off season.

Burley1
    Perris definitely has better beaches to hang on.
    No tubes allowed on Elsinore. The best marina is Elsinore Marina, but the public ramp works well, and the public beach (east side) has the best beach right now.
    The trash is from all the run off of the rains and is pretty cleaned up now. The fish die from lack of oxygen in the water. Most people in CA don't have any clue about natural lakes - which elsinore is.
    Elsinore also has the cleanest water. It has algea (the green stuff) that can be gross at times, but it is not "dirty" from a health stand point - the algea is what keeps the bacteria levels way down. Perris water is clean this time of year, but it gets shut down several times a year due to bacteria levels (pee pee and poo poo). But the water "looks" clean.
    Elsinore cops only single you out if you stick out. I have more hours on that lake than all the HB members combined and never had any trouble - and I don't exactly follow the speed limits all the time, but, I choose my time and place for bending/breaking the rules. If you are showing good judgement, they don't bother you. If you were hanging out in a cove drinking and they saw you, they will be looking for a reason to pull you over to check if you are impaired.
    I personally like Perris better in the off season.
    I must agree here, I have never had a problem on the lake from the Five-o and the 35 MPH limit on the state run lakes SUCKS.

BowTie Rick
    My thoughts exactly. Also, the green algea is because the water is warm due to the low overall depth of the lake, it sort of a flood plain vs. a depression.

mirvin
    I've been to Perris once and will not go back ever. The water was so disgusting it makes Elsinore look prestine.
    mirvin

burtandnancy
    If your trailer has aluminum wheels, DO NOT use Elsinore.

mirvin
    howcome??

HM
    I never had a problem with aluminum wheels. Are yours polished and unprotected? My v-drive cav plate hardware that was polished aluminum would dull and even turn grey - but it did that at the river as well, only at the river it would get growths.
    All it needed was a little elbow grease and some mothers....depending on how bad I let it go.

77charger
    every time this comes up my answer
    Elsinore=beer ok
    perris = NO BEER.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast